Harvesting Nute-Burned Trimmings

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by rightoff, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Hey folks, I'm very close to harvest day! I had planned on using the trimmings of my plant to make cannabutter, but a problem recently surfaced. To make a long story short, my roomate over-fertilized my plant and it has burned leaves from the top to the bottom

My question is, is it still safe to harvest nute-burned trimmings to make butter? Will I poison myself if I eat nute-burned cannabutter? I've been flushing her with a gallon of water the past 2 days to make sure I get rid of the nutrients from the bud, will this do the same for the leaves/stems?

2. Go ahead and use it...

3. ya dont trip it should still be good. your flush will be good enough if they were in-fact over-nuted, you could even go back to your regular nute dosage if you wanted. no need to flush before harvest if your not using to much nutes to begin with.

is it the tips that are burnt? or just overall turning yellow/brown? cuz plants tend to starve themselves of nitrogen during flowering so it isnt uncommon for some leaves to turn yellow due to nitrogen deficiency.

4. no I'm pretty sure they got burned. A lot of the leaves are crispy. They are yellowing, but there are also brown/green spots. Some of the small leaves coming out of the bud have spots too.

5. if the dis-coloring is new it sounds like a deficiency cuz nute burn is usually just on the tips during the beginning stages, not spots. might wanna check the sick plant threads to compare pictures, just to be safe

6. it started as burnt tips, and has progressed. I had a manganese deficiency, over fed it and it turned into a toxicity. The leaves have curled up and become very dry.

7. o ok, well you shouldnt have any problems with poisoning yourself. and the trichs on the nute burnt sugar leaves should be ok as well as long as its harvested at the appropriate time. if you really want to find out how your nugs turned out before harvest just cut a little nug off and throw it in the middle of a spiral 26watt cfl light bulb for about 45 mins and blaze it up. should give you a good idea of what to expect after harvest/curing. if you harvest with too much nutes its just gona be a harsh smoke and burn to black/gray ash instead of white. im sure the harsher smoke isnt the best for you but certainly not poison