Harvesting my auto flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jtrogers, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Harvesting my auto flower I’m not sure what to do. The top is completely finished and the bottom still has a couple more days. I was wondering can I harvest just a top while the lights are on. Or should I wait until just before the lights cut on tomorrow morning And do you need 48 hours of darkness with a auto flower?

2. Here are some pics

Attached Files:

3. At this point all advice for photos also applies to autos, exactly the same. Yes, you can harvest on an as completed basis. Controversial probably due to variations. Personally the first thing I snatch is the lowest least light bud, and I throw it in my stash box, and after a day or two smoke it wet in a pipe so we know just what it is we are talking about. I would not however harvest to increase light to anything.

4. Say what?

5. Get your jewelers loupe and have a look at your buds, then if any are where you were aiming for, chop them, (ie; either individual buds, or whole branches), then put the plant back under your light to finish the buds that are not finished to your liking right now. Just as a side note... after you chop whatever buds, or branches that are done to your liking the light being placed closer to your unfinished buds usually only contributes to something like 40% of the total finishing process. That's because when you chop a bud, or branch, and not the main stalk, whatever chemical energy that was going to the buds you chopped will now be diverted to the buds that are still on the plant. So those unfinished buds will finish quicker, so keep a close eye on them so they don't go to far!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well thanks for the input. But please read the question maybe you have some advice on when I should chop the parts that are ready.