Harvesting leaves!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sykdom, May 12, 2006.

1. I was wondering...I want to grow a plant, just pretty much because I'm bored..but I want a new experience. I want to grow and harvest the plant for the leaves. That's right, I don't need any criticism for it, I know the buds are better and all, I just had a question that I could use answered.

I would grow the plant a few weeks into the veg stage until it's about a foot tall. Now, instead of flowering it, I'd just cut off the fannies and cure them. I was just wondering what the most effective way to do this is. Just cut them at the base and store them in a dark place with good ventilation until dry, then put them in an airtight box? I want to treat cannabis more like tobacco now, and roll leaf cigars and all. I just want a relaxed buzz and not a bud high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't need criticism, I smoke buds all the time. This is just a hobby I want to pursue.

:)

2. It sounds a little silly to me, but I won't critisize. To each their own.

If you want to dry leaves, just put them in a brown paper bag for a week or so in a cool dark place. That should do it. Hope your lungs can take it. Leaves tend to be a lot harsher than buds, but in my experience they will get you stoned, so all is good.

3. Agree with Mad. Sounds like you know the criticisms of smoking leaves, but if that's what you are looking for then do the brown paper bag for a week or so. Keep in mind that this will not cure them to be like tobacco, which cures a bit moist. This will basically dry out your MJ leaves but not really cure them, so I don't know how this will work for rolling stogies.