Harvesting in the rain

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by captiancannabis, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Hello, Right now i need to harvest asap but it is raining outside. I was wondering if harvesting it in the rain would be bad? And is there a way to dry out the water on the bud when i do harvest it. Im harvesting it no matter what because i have no choice. (plants are at peek and it is suppose to rain all week long and then some).

2. Yes it's bad but I see you said you have no choice so I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. When you cut em down, cut em at the stalk and bring them inside immediately. Shake off the entire plant vigorously, take off each branch and shake vigorously, you could even take a paper towel ad dab at the buds to remove some water, break up large colas into small clusters and hang dry somewhere very dry, put a fun pushing air directly underneath the buds and possibly a small heater. Watch very, very, diligently for mold.

3. Oh and trim everything too. More mass = slower drying time + water already on te buds = mold