Harvesting help!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GhostSmoke420, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Hi I'm new to growing marijuana and don't really know how it is suppose to look. This is my plant it's been growing for 5 months already and I don't know when it's ready to Chop it down can anyone help me? any information would be helpful.

Thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. sweet plant dude and your getting close man

3. are you serious?have you been growing that plant for that long

4. I wasn't, someone gave It to me :) but it's been for 5 months already

5. prolly just the containers hold the plant back if its that many months old

6. mines pushin 5 to...

7. Coming along beautifully good job. Those white hairs coming of the buds are called pistils incase you were unaware. Once all of them turn that brown color and recede onto the bud you know your getting close to harvest time. The next thing to do would be to examine the trichomes. Those are the crystals. As the bud matures they turn from clear to cloudy/white to amber. When you've got about a 50/50 mix of cloudy trichs and amber ones your good to go. RadioShack sells mini illuminated microscopes that are perfect for checking trichome color. If you do not want to check the trichomes you could wait until all pistils are brown then give it an additional week or two and harvest. Although its less precise.

8. Aaww! you're getting close there. Not all strains mature at the same time, but they do give tell-tale signs that they are ready to be harvested.One of the ways to tell that your plant is ready to harvest is to look at the calyxes. In the final stages, they will swell and ripen as more resin glands develop on the surface. This creates a mushroom-like cap commonly called the “bud.” Chemical changes are occurring in the THC development during this stage also.

9. Lol I have never in my life seen a forum have so many random bumps from such old threads. Is it cuz we are all stoners?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk