Harvesting a hermaphrodite for seeds..... Help

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by blazeoneup00, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I have a gigantes from 7 dwarfs that went from a female to a hermi and it pollinated itself and as you would expect it, it started producing seeds, and i am looking forward to these seeds knowing that it would give me feminized seeds (correct me if I'm wrong). What I'm trying to know is when Should I expect to harvest these seeds and what steps i should take in doing so, according to my pictures.

Thanks in advanced

image-2099183187.jpg

image-2927265824.jpg

image-2778538869.jpg

image-1010968973.jpg

image-2072569177.jpg

image-4161881688.jpg

image-4086473535.jpg

image-97950075.jpg

image-452897722.jpg

2. If they are hermie they are very likely to be hermie seeds not fem seeds. Fem seeds come from a fem plant forced to push a male flower. If it is a natural hermie the seeds are virtually worthless.

3. what if you had a female plant get pollinated by a hermie. would those seeds be feminized?

4. yes it is true

5. Anything that has a hermie has a tendency to hermie, genetics is a big enough crap shoot without trying to breed out defects while increasing potency and yeild.

It really is simple, never breed a hermie and don't plant hermie seeds. There are so many great beans out there.:hello:

6. It is not a natural hermie It was a female but I gave it a lot of light stress to induce it

7. What did you use for stress?

8. Light stress, I would move it from sun to cfl to no light a lot throughout the day

9. [quote name='"blazeoneup00"']Light stress, I would move it from sun to cfl to no light a lot throughout the day[/quote]

How many days did you do this ? I want to stress one of my plants to hermie

10. [quote name='"hyffe_beats"']

How many days did you do this ? I want to stress one of my plants to hermie[/quote]

About two weeks and a half

11. #12 thekushking420, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
    I guess you can plant the seeds and plant the best one's, also take the frostiest leaves and as lil buds as u see and make some hash.. you make some decent hash and at least you'll have something

12. Your hermie will produce fem seeds. The odds of getting a male out of a hermaphrodite are slim to none.

13. [quote name='"thekushking420"']I guess you can plant the seeds and plant the best one's, also take the frostiest leaves and as lil buds as u see and make some hash.. you make some decent hash and at least you'll have something[/quote]

Exactly what I had in mind