Harvesting 1 plant at different times?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Purple16, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Hey guys! I'm almost 4 months into my first grow. My plant got bigger than I expected. My question is related to harvesting parts of the plant earlier than others?

By looking at the hairs on some of the buds close to the light I would say half have turned yellow and curled in. Toward the bottom of the plant the buds are still very small with all long straight white hairs.

Considering I'm already short on space I am toying with the idea of m lmp removing the bigger buds at the top because I don't want them to get more light damage. Then I would let the buds on the lower parts of the plant to mature...

Thoughts?

Also I have a jeweler's loupe but it's hard to see trichomes...

2. Best is to bend and tie without breaking the too-close colas away from the light and let them mature, but that won't work if there's no place to bend them to.
    Second best is what you're proposing.
    Those unripe buds might be more potent than you expect, so dry them until they lose about 80% of their wet weight and enjoy.
    Many of us have trouble judging trichomes, but it's not really necessary.

3. Th
    Thanks I appreciate it. I've been bending them down as far as I can for months now. I also moved the light as high up as I possible could... but this one is probably 4x bigger than I should have let it get. On top of the clones that I took too early so those are outgrowing their space as well. I feel like 1 more week and I should be good, but I'm just nervous that I'm going to wreck everything. Some of the buds are pretty large too...

4. wow that is weird, that is exactly what I am thinking about. Harvesting like any fruit gardner would and only pick the ripe fruits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If harvests were frequently bad, because they were done at the wrong time, we would be hearing lots more reports of bad herb than we actually do.
    You'll be fine no matter what you do.
    The old saying "close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" also applies to MJ.

• Like Like x 1