Harvest TIME!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psycicmind, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Attached Files:

2. Grats man! Im in the middle of planning a Nirvana NL grow myself.

3. I put orange peels in one of the jars to give it a small hint of orange

4. Oh... breaks my heart a little.

Buds should be able to put off their own appealing aromas

Not worth smoking, imo, if you can't get behind the (semi)natural smell of your own product

5. It still smells like weed. I said a SMALL HINT of orange

6. Lol I'm only teasing.
    I have friends who have done this too, and I'll admit to smoking their product. Stoney as hell :)

The strains I have right now near harvest just smell so much like juicy fruit, I couldn't see wanting to tweak that delicious, mouth-watering aroma/flavor by any means.

Some strains just have too nice of a flavor to mask or even "enhance" with other aromas. I guess that's just my opinion thou

7. Did you let your bud dry before putting it into those jars? That's a recipe for moldy bud. You should really hang your branches and let all those buds dry out before you throw it in jars. Look into a drying/curing thread. If you do it right your bud won't need any orange peels because it will have it's own unique smell and taste brought out from the cure

8. Looks like you could have let her go a little longer too in my opinion. Doesn't look like many of the pistils receded yet, i bet she would have swollen up a little more if you gave her another week. Flowering times under CFLs are usually a week or two longer than with a HPS.

9. #9 psycicmind, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    Yeah the buds aren't in the jars right now.

My camera's not the best quality but most of the hairs were orange when I harvested. I can take a close up in the afternoon
    I put them in a closet with a fan blowing. (not directly on the buds)
    I also didn't water my plant a week before I harvested.

Attached Files:

10. That's cool just wanted to make sure you knew not to jar those buds when they're still really wet. It'd be a shame to lose any of your harvest after dedicating so much time to it.

Looks good man, love the NL

11. Can't wait to hear your yield man! That looks chronic!

12. #12 psycicmind, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    I appreciate it. It does take a lot of work.

Having even just one plant worked out very well because I only had two jars. Didn't think I'd get that much from just one plant.

Most people (including myself) thought growing was really easy. But BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

I learned that taking care of a plant is almost like taking care of a child. It's hard work, maintaining a consistent grow environment (ph, water, temp, nutes, soil, lighting, etc.) can be not only difficult, but costly as well. What you save in cash you make up for in time.

After growing I've truly grown a new appreciation for the work and dedication involved in such things and despite the challenge find it well worth the time. Not only that, but it gives you a whole new insight and most importantly teaches you PATIENCE. Definitely worth it.

13. Totally agree with you psycicmind. Once you get the basics down and really learn how to read your plants it becomes such a great hobby. Not sure if hobby is the right word here but you know what i mean.

You really do learn to appreciate the art of growing. There is an art to it. And for me at least, the whole process is therapeutic. Not only that but you never have to go buy some BS shwag again. You have your own primo meds that YOU grew for yourself.

Keep it up, you will only get better, producing better buds and higher yields with more experience.

14. Agreed well said jack it's weird I can walk into mine or any grow room now and know what's going on with the plants what the diffs are and when they need water what week they are at crazy

And I think addiction is better than hobby lol

Sent from iPhone 5

15. I think medication is better than addiction

:mad::(:smoking::rolleyes::smoking::):smoking::D

16. how did that plant smell during flower? the nl x sk i grew a few times smelled soo gross, i had to put some lemon oil on the lid of my jar to spice up the smell. it tasted decent but smelled like a mixture of a musky funk and cat piss while on the plant :p

17. it smells kinda piney. But it's still wet so I'm not sure what its gonna smell like when it's dry

18. I would say its more of a lifestyle! Haha

19. haha.

My whole grow was very Ghetto. CFL's, hanging the lights from chain links I made out of 18 guage wire (and the chain holding the lights up was hanging from a clothes hanger), A huge piece of paper for the light fixture/ reflector, and when I found out the pot was too small I put it in a larger paper grocery bag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB3v-7sAq00]HURRY UP OR WE'LL BE LATE ! - YouTube[/ame]

We gonna fly on the SOUL PLANE! :smoking::D

20. What was your total CFL wattage during Veg and flower?