Harvest Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Heart, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Hey guys and girls,

Just a quick question for ya, I recently harvested my crop and being this is my first crop I have my buds hanging upside down in my basement in complete darkness with a fan circulating air but not aimed directly onto the bud, Is this the proper way to begin with the curing process or should I put it into a paper grocery bag? Thanks. :)

2. Curing is taking the bud once its pretty much dry and storing in air tight container in a cool dark place. Open the containers up once a day to get fresh air in there. You can use jars or tupperware containers. Average curing time is about 1-2 weeks.

Remember... once you start curing the buds taste and potency only get better :smoke:

3. As Mobb said, drying is not the same thing as curing. Your drying set-up sounds basically right, but basements are notoriously humid, what is the humidity like in your drying space? You want it dry and cool with light air circulation.

Brown grocery bags would be another approach to drying.

Curing is a completely separate process. It involves controlling the chemical breakdown of chlorophyll and release of gases so that the smoke will taste good and not harsh. For that you put the dried buds into clean airtight jars, seal 'em tight, and open them about 15 minutes once a day, continuing for a bare minimum of one week but the longer you go the smoother and mellower the taste will be.