Harvest question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jcypress, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ok, I'm on day 58 of 12/12. The strain is sagamartha seeds double bubbleberry. Single bubble bucket dwc using the Lucas formula and general hydro nutes. The lighting is 208w of cfl's (8 x 26w). All off this is in my custom built cabinet, temps range between 78 and 90 depending on room temp but are usually around 84 with the lights on.

Her trichs are about 20% amber but most of the colas are still growing white pistils like crazy. I have been on store bought distilled water for about a week and she still seems to be growing and healthy.

Should I harvest based on the trichome color or should I pay attention to the leaves and pistils?

ForumRunner_20121118_210621.png

ForumRunner_20121118_210700.png

2. Everyone will say go by trichs...but you should also take a little sample, quick dry it and test it...that'll give you an idea of when to harvest. Sweet looking plant dude...you'll be going to the loony bin fosho! Hah

3. I agree. The trichs aren't everything. A good grower looks if pistils are reseeeding, it calyxes are swollen, if trichomes have changed, and the overall health of the plant. And every strain is different so a sample bowl is always good. I've had some strains that amber early IMO and others that took forever! And ironically it was a sativa that went early and a full blood indica that took the longest this season. Go figure....

4. So what would be the best method for quick drying a sample bud

5. Wait a bit more imo, looked it up 20% Sativa. There is a good deal of indication that the buds will swell up much more if you wait for it. The first pic's top does not even have partly matured pistils.
    EDIT: Also the side growths off the bud are not quite finished. Another Sativa like trait
    Just my .02, plus you will pull in more weight.
    If you are waiting on this to smoke perhaps a partial harvest is in order?

6. So how much truth is there to the theor y of: less amber= head high, more amber= body high.

I'm not really looking for couch lock if I can avoid it. If I had to choose between yield vs a heady high, I would sacrifice the yield.

I went ahead and chopped one of the lower popcorn branches. Going to dry it slow and see how it turns out.

7. I think it has more to do with if its sativa or indica...amber means the thc is degrading...there's. thread here on gc where a dude took his bud into a lab to get it tested and the plants he took in with 60 and 65 days of flower had the most thc...percentage wise. But that sAmple you took will give you and idea of when to harvest

8. It's a little strange, almost like the flush triggered some new pistil growth. All off the white pistils were gone the day I started my flush.

I quick dried one of the buds I clipped in the microwave (tasted like shit) but I did have a nice high. I hung the rest of the branch to dry properly and see how it goes in a few more days.

Decided to let this girl keep growing if she wants to. I want to see what kind of potential she really has

9. If the plant is still producing more bud I would wait until growth stops and then look at the overall picture of trichome color and pistil color

10. Makin a girl wet over here. Damn she looks good in that pic

11. Yeah so with a proper dry and cure it'll be a lot better

12. This could be the worst bud in history but this post made it all worth it. This is better than all the +rep I could ever get. Just sayin.....

13. Makin dudes' days since 1988