Harvest portions instead of all at once?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by guygreenthumbs, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Hello everyone,
          I'm currently going into my 6th week of flower and it looks like some of my branches are ready to harvest while others still have some time to go. So for example main cola is 9/10 cloudy with only 1/10 amber, but on another branch the buds are showing 5/10 amber. So what I'm asking is has anyone ever harvested certain branches at a time instead of harvesting the whole plant?

2. I do it all the time. It gives those smaller buds a chance to fatten up! :smoke:

Granny

3. Definitely seen many growers do that. You'll be good to go bud.

4. It's extremely unlikely that they are ready for harvest afer 5 weeks.

Looking at trics is just one way of telling if they are ready to be chopped, and not the most determining factor at all. Post a picture and the strain and it will be easier to tell if it's done (which isn't the case after 5 weeks, seriously). Most of the weight is added during the last few weeks of the cycle (8-12 weeks is common for many popular strains) when the calyxes swell and the pistils retract. If it's still creating new calyxes and pistils the older ones may seem ready based on their trics but new ones are still created.

By itself it's not uncommon to harvest in stages though, I sometimes leave the lower buds sites on for a few days.

Have some patience.

5. I've never uploaded any pictures here before, makes me nervous.