Harvest now? or wait..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mason420, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Yo Gc just wondering if i should wait another 2 weeks because im leaving on sat. curious if i should harvest now or wait another 2 weeks. Most pistols on top are turning orange still a few white. LOw buds are almost all white pistols. i took a macro and the top bud has a few amber trichs. any advice is greatly appreciated. Few bugs on the bottom of the stem some white shit bud but thats another story

ForumRunner_20130320_183727.png

ForumRunner_20130320_183712.png
    Please let me know if i can wait another 2 weeks for harvest or shouldnt. Plant is Cum Laude not sure if u can see the amber trichs but there is a few

ForumRunner_20130320_183701.png

ForumRunner_20130320_183842.png

2. I would wait a week or two if your sure it will be there alive and healthy

Sent from my iPhone 5S using GC Forum.

3. I think you could leave it and it will be fine for another couple weeks.

4. Ok i'll wait then i'd rather be able to be around while im drying and curing. I'm never sure of that because i'm doing a guerrilla but its just for fun so i'll be stoked to harvest. im thinking harvest top bud then leave the rest to reveg. Not sure though

5. Have you started leeching or not?

6. Just take down the matures buds or do reveg like Mason420 says.

7. leave it for those 2 weeks, even the top buds will only get better.

8. idk fellas seems like ther is white bugs on the bottom almost on lower buds and im afraid if im gone for 2 weeks insects might get to top bud and id rly just like to get my first smokeable bud ahaha. then let the low bottom buds grow out or reveg bwcause i never took any clones for this plant and i love this strain. So hazey

9. Also i thought one was suppose to harvest once the trichs started turning amber/cloudy which they have on the top cola

10. cant tell you about your bugs, but 2-3 more weeks is pretty much perfect for that top cola. unless its eaten youre gonna get 10-30% more mass and 30-80% more potency Id say.

11. Really? That much of a difference? I thought strains usually explode before they start to turn amber.. And i think trichs are abt 20% amber

12. Also, Doesn't thc begin to degrade once trichs start turning amber? I want this to be a prime nug to smoke for 4/20 that I grew myself. Have yet to harvest.. mad stoked!

13. really. the cannabinoids degrade much slower than theyre produced, harvesting too early is much worse than harvesting too late. and 2 more weeks definitly is not too late for that top, the bottom buds could probably use 5. you still got 40-50% white pistils on the top cola, you want about 5%. calyxes with white pistils still grow and produce resin.

14. Ok well that changes things. If i can get this bug problem solved I'm going to harvest top in 2 weeks. Otherwise, this friday because i'm itching to smoke weed that i've grown. Not sure about these white clumps that are actually bugs. Weirdest thing ever, Only on the lower half thank god but i jus noticed it 3 days ago. wiped them off then and came back today and they were back. So idk how extreme the case of bugs is. Going to go back on Friday and if the white bugs are back on the bottom I may harvest early. There is white bugs, then some almost moth type looking bugs. I appreciate all the time you've taken out to help me, my harvest will be the best it can be thanks to you and my GC friends :hello:

15. #15 anoncoward, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    I'm a newbie to growing pot, but with pretty much all food crops (tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage...) If you have a bug problem, you can sprinkle diatomaceous earth wherever you see bugs, and it'll kill them by getting between the gaps in their exoskeleton and drying them out - it's perfectly safe to eat, but a little like fine sand, dunno about smoking it. Anyway, something you might want to google.

16. Hmm, interesting. do they just stay towards the bottom of the stem? because they came back rather fast and were up to first set of buds, not in them...just were it branches off. Definitely checking Friday to see how things look. Thanks fellas

17. take some pics of any bugs that you find

18. Much appreciated homies!