Harvest from one plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheUltimateNoob, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Hi there,

I plan on harvesting my first grow in 2 weeks and I'm aiming for an energetic, mind buzz. I'm having trouble deciding whether to start flushing my plant now or feed her for a week more and then begin the 11 day flush.
    I chose GH Flora Trio pack for nutrients as it was the easiest and i have the feeding schedule I used if anyone would like to see it.

I've decided to go with an 11 day flush because i want to try out the 72 hour dark period before harvesting.

Any advice on flushing the plant would be appreciated and if anyone has any experience with dark periods before harvesting, some advice would be awesome.

I'll add some pictures of the trichromes on some buds I just took and some of the buds themselves.

Current harvest date is set for 22nd June

Thanks in advance IMG_20190609_004451.jpg IMG_20190609_004428.jpg IMG_20190609_004424.jpg IMG_20190609_004420.jpg IMG_20190609_004529.jpg IMG_20190609_004533.jpg IMG_20190609_004544.jpg IMG_20190609_004621.jpg IMG_20190609_004636.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. First of all, huge kudos for such clear, amazing pics of your plants and close ups of the trichs. I wish more growers would post pics like this when asking for help with their sick plants instead of providing pink/purple, blurry pics. It would make things so much easier for us lol.

Back to your question. IMHO I would go with the latter; feed her another week (of a much lower dose of nutes) then begin the 11 day flush. I can still see plenty of clear trichs. Very nice plants btw. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Do you prefer greater amber over mostly milky ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks bro, took the pics with a small magnifying lens from wish, best investment:thumbsup:
    Will give her about a third strength for a week more then start the flush.

I'll update the thread with new pictures of the plants and of the grow box in day or so, this post was last minute because I couldn't decide.

I have another plant under 12/12 lighting, topped once and is now flowering in the same box.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I would rather it all end up milky for the head high... Tired of the couchlock quality available everywhere else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not me personally. I'd rather have mostly milky, so by the time I finish the flush, they should be about 80% fully milky with visible amber trichs here and there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That's what I'm looking for in mine , I'm 7 days into flush and I have milky without any amber yet . I have multiples of two strains and I may run some straight milky and others slight amber .
    I think it's all personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No problem my friend.
    Yea man, pics look great. Sounds good, keep us updated. :weed:

9. Doing a comparison of the two? Pretty much yea lol. It depends on what kind of high you're looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What interests me is how you shot such amazing pictures

11. The camera on my phone is above average, but i used this little gadget from wish. It's a macro lens that fits over your camera lens, which gave it the magnification with the same clarity. lol, wish is useful sometimes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Kewl thanks for the info .

13. no problem bro

14. #14 TheUltimateNoob, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Here's the grow box and my makeshift reflectors, lol... I only got the led when I started flowering so I lost a lot of time and growth with the cfls I used to run.

Also a shot of the tree from a few days ago, just too good not to share.

The box itself is 60cm x 60cm x 120cm (roughly 23" x 23" x 47")
    Peace [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  15. Here's a few pics from a few minutes ago... I included some of the afghan plant in the same box as well... Enjoy[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Update... Plants are doing well. Afghan is reaching the end of stretching and the trichrome production seems to be increasing by the day.

Almost through with the last week of feeding for the trial run then I'm gonna start the flush. All good so far. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Gave her the last feed today... Not much difference, trichomes causing much more of a shine on the flowers now though.

Enjoy the pictures, cheers. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Started the flush today, 2 weeks to go and she's looking gorgeous ... Afghan tree is doing really well also, I included a pic of where I topped her[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looks good, love the high quality photos
    I'm about to build another cabinet of very similar size 45x60x120cm, just wondering how you like the size and if you think it's big enough for two plants?
    And do you have a carbon filter in there?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks bro, appreciate it.

45 x 60 is fair, it should fit 2 x 3gal pots, a month or so veg with some lst should fill it out pretty nice.

Obviously the plants would yeild you more in a bigger cabinet, but you wouldn't notice unless you were growing in a bigger tent before that.

My afghan plant was under 12/12 and vegged for a month, filling about a 3rd of the available space.

I don't have a carbon filter, the box is in my garage so smell isn't that big of an issue.