Harvest / Flush question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by fireatwill, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I know that this question has been asked before, but after searching I didn't find anything that truly gave me the answer I am looking for.

I am on my first grow, Hashberry in an ebb/flow system. I have three plants that are in the 4th week of flowering. Most of the trichomes on the plants are still clear, with a few of them starting to get cloudy. I know that it is still too early to harvest them. However, I want to feed them pHed water for the last week before I cut them down to flush out the nutes.

My question is this. I know that I want to harvest when the trichomes are mostly cloudy, with some of them turning amber. How quickly do the trichomes change from cloudy to amber? I want to start flushing the nutes out at the right time, but don't want to end up letting them go too long. Is there a rule of thumb to let me know when to start flushing them?

2. Yes. When you buy seeds they usually have a listed flowering time, giving you a good idea about when to start checking. Say you have a strain listed for 60 days, start flushing around day 45-55 (depending on how long you want the flush to be; anywhere from 1-2 weeks is fine, but you'll have to play around to see what the plants react best to). Check the trichromes daily around day 50 and harvest when you think it's ready.