Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Harsh Smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kriz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. #1 Kriz, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    I smoked a couple of bowls of some OG Kush out of my pipe earlier and I noticed the hits were really harsh so I figured it was because my pipe was dirty so I rolled a joint and it was the same thing even with a blunt! Anyone know why this is? The smoke isn't even that milky white its like white with a little bit of brown, its pretty nasty! I don't have shit weed either I picked up from a dispensarie!

2. Some weed is harsher than others. This could be the case, or your throat is sore, or its in your head. There really isnt anything to it lol. Pipes are harsh too

3. I'm not sure, but some people say that dry weed = harsh smoke. This could be because it was dried/cured improperly by the grower, or it could be that your dealer wasn't storing it well.

4. the harshness depends on the bud really. but other things can effect it like dryness, crystals, etc

some buds harsh some bud isnt as harsh

5. Hm, sorry not being able to help OP, but I'm in a similar situation......

I usually keep my green in a mason jar, keeps it nice and fresh and fluffy :D However......

About 2 weeks ago I was admitted into the hospital for 4 days for complications with my diabeties, when I got home, my room REEKED of green (MUCH more than normal.....) I checked my jar, and it turns out I accidentally left it slightly open (don't ask how/why I probally wasn't paying attention lol). It feels REALLY dry (I'm at work so I'll get pics later) and it just crumbles apart, it's not fluffy and enjoyable. So I packed myself a fairly packed bowl (just stared to pack my bowls down, usually I loosely fill - newer smoker) and I just couldn't hit it..... I tried but it tasted nasty, and it was super harsh. I've hit packed bowls before, I've been packing my bowls now for about a month or so, regardless.... I thought I was going to be sick. Literally I had to stop smoking my pipe and roll a joint (which I hate doing, I'm not the greatest roller, also I know it's better to use a pipe/bong, joints waste green), and even that was harsh. Whats going on? I've looked it up, my guy says its Hawaiian Kush, seems to be Fire or damn close to it. But whats wrong with my green? Or is it just me? Any tips?

6. When I was new to smoking smoke was harsh all the time. I got used to it and my technique got better so now most if not all my hits now go through smooth.

It might be half in your head and half taking in the smoke to quickly kind of problem.

That was my issue

7. Well it's not like I'm NEW to smoking, I used to smoke about 6 or so years ago, and started back up in May '11, but I don't think I'm hitting too hard, I'm smoking like I always have, it's just out of the blue, bam I can't take a hit.....

8. [quote name='"gk666"']Well it's not like I'm NEW to smoking, I used to smoke about 6 or so years ago, and started back up in May '11, but I don't think I'm hitting too hard, I'm smoking like I always have, it's just out of the blue, bam I can't take a hit.....[/quote]

Oh then I'm not sure your problem. If you want to try something use a water pipe with an ice catcher. Next, you would obviously put ice in it.

It makes the hits smoother by condensing and cooling the smoke.

9. If it wasn't cured or flushed well, that causes harshness, or it's simply just dry

10. I've hit packed bowls before, I've been packing my bowls now for about a month or so, regardless.... I thought I was going to be sick. Literally I had to stop smoking my pipe and roll a joint (which I hate doing, I'm not the greatest roller, also I know it's better to use a pipe/bong, joints waste green), and even that was harsh. [​IMG]

11. that is so true.

Grind consistency also determines the harshness a lot of the times too.

If you grind your cannabis, don't put the flame on it for too long (when you smoke) because the momentum of your inhale should carry the flame throughout the entire bowl, evenly burning up the flower. If you grind it very finely, that should be accomplished very easily.

TL,DR

Don't smoke to fast and burn it evenly. Gets rid of a lot of harshness.

12. some weed is different than others, even if they are the same exact strain. there are so many factors that go into weed, so something is going to be different each time. if you get the same high as usual, enjoy it and make sure that you space out your hits(wait a minute or two between hits). how is OG kush? Im going to pick up a 1/4th this week and how is the high/taste/smell? would you recommend it to a friend?

13. Bingo! Ding ding ding- we have a winner winner chicken dinner!
    :D