Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rorkster2, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Let's all just take a moment and discuss how incredible badass the last Harry Potter film was.

2. Yeah along with the other 5 threads.

3. You stole my title...

4. Correction: I stole the title from J.K.Rowling

5. #5 Leafin, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    Don't tell me what happens! :)

It will be epic.

6. Can a mod delete this thread please

7. DON'T SPOiL

8. Did anyone else think 3D was crap? ( they only aired it in 3d for the premiere)

I dont usualy see movies in 3D so I can't really compare but I really think I would have enjoyed it more without it.

There isnt many things really popping out of the screen, it seem all it did was give a illusion of depth. But at what cost? only the front of the screen is in focus the rest is all blurry...

9. I liked it. They didnt over do it. Thats why 3D usually sucks. They try to make everything 3D, but they used it much more subtly in this, and it just made it look 1000X better

10. The fact that most of the screen isnt in focus doesnt bother you?

11. ...you know you're supposed to wear 3D glasses, right?

12. For real?

no j/k, ofc I was wearing the glasses LOL. I dont know, maybe im crazy or simply a problem with my vision perhaps

13. Ok I was wondering for a second.

Idk, it may be the theater, it may be you. It was never out of focus for me

14. #14 Grimm420, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    it was badass but a bit sad with all the deaths n it bein the end. i heard rumors of prequel(s). im curious as to how true to the book the movies were, last one i read was prisoner of azkaban/first part of goblet of fire

edit: just read the last 3 chapters including the epilogue. i have to say i would rather they used it instead of what they did but w/e

15. dude read the books on a bus. much much better

16. i got it online, i havent read a physical book or a whole one at all for like 5 yrs i think. i need to get back into it but the scenery im in is stale n unmotivating. plus we dont have a bus system here

17. i saw it last night. they FINALLY did a good job!!! this was hands down the best harry potter movie! and they stayed pretty close to the book from what i remember

18. i was completely stoned and thought it was of course amazing. Alan Rickman as Snape is always good and especially his death scene with the flashbacks was fucking awesome.

19. what? did they change the ending? lol

I've only read the books, I haven't seen the movie yet.

20. #20 Yagyujubei, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2011
    sadly yes, much like every other movie they changed stuff around. tbh though I thought this movie was one of the best in that regard, the things they did change were pretty minor. although I will say the final showdown between harry and voldemort/aftermath were a little anti climactic for me.