Harmonic Stimulation?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by cas0001, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Anyone ever read much about it(Regarding plants obviously)? I can remember my grandma talking about playing music near her indoor plants and how it was supposed to help them grow. Also I think she might have even mentioned talking to them:confused:... I know it sounds silly, but anything to make those little girls lives a little more enjoyable, ya know?

Any thoughts on the effects of physical contact?

2. Overall the more you are with the plants the better in my opinion. I dont really play music solely for the plants but I will talk to mine if im ripped enough lol. I know couple serious growers will talk and talk very nicely to a plant like it is a person.

3. lol... that's really funny.

but seriously, check this out http://www.ezilon.com/articles/articles/7912/1/Plant-Psychology

Now I'm worried cuz we play music through the door to our grow room. Needless to say it's mainly rock, not so much classical.

4. So I guess the real question is where can I get some magnetite?

5. There is a myth busters episode "exploding house" where they did just this, they had 8 grow rooms(been a while so numbers might be off) with house plants, 4 had voices and 4 had music, the voices ranged from soft to yelling and the music went from clasical to heavy metal.

The yelling voice repeated and the heavey metal grow rooms, the plants were noticably bigger. Check it out if you can find it.

Pretty neat if you ask me.