Harley Davidson

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Pumpkin Man, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Hi Folks:

I do not condone driving while high, but I have to admit that one of my best friends has been my 2008 Harley Davidson Electroglide Standard. Before that, I rode a Honda Valkyrie. Too bad Honda discontinued the Valk. That bike had a lot of soul, and I probbly would have bought another one. But I love my Harley.

Here's a picture. I hope that I can trade up for the full Electroglide Classic some day.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. nice bike dude

3. Thanks. I am very happy with it. I drove it up to Minisota last Summer, and I am hoping to make a little trip out to Colorado (I bet you can all guess why I chose Colorado) towards the end of July or early August.

The Pumpkin Man

4. cannnabis cup in april in denver! lol

5. April is pretty much our of the question for a vacation. I'm a pro photographer by trade, and I have a very busy photo schedule. April and the first half of may I'm running like the proverbial chicken with my heat cut off.

The Pumpkin Man

6. hmm. weddings and such?
    Im in illinois too btw! 815 here!

7. That's a beautiful bike, my father has a herd of Harley's. He loves his man bikes for sure, but now that he's old his main riding bike is one of those HUGE ones that (in my opinion) look kind of silly to be motorcycles. But like I said he's old and him and his wife really aren't the smallest people anymore, so a bigger bike makes them more comfortable. But it doesn't change the fact that my dad called those bikes stupid looking about 10 years ago haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sweet bike man, I'm getting my bike license in the coming months!

9. Ive got a 99 sporty 1200 and am an aspiring photographer :hello:

sounds like an awesome trip man. be safe and take lots of pictures along the way

10. LilJ, it's nice to know that I'm not the only guy in Illinois who likes to do weed, but then our legislature is considering legalizing Medical MJ, and decriminalizing MJ Possession. I do have 2 weddings, but for the most part, I'm a photo journalist, and most of my photos are general coverage shots of various events.

SniperKitty & DeadHead, most younger people tend to prefer the smaller, sportier bikes, but because I travel by motorcycle, I really need a touring bike, so I can certainly relate to that.

CosmicRiver, my cousen just bought a Sportser. He bought it in January, so he got a good deal on it. It's a 2012. Good luck with your photography.

The Pumpkin Man

11. its only a 3 yr temp bill. fucked up really. They want us to register and pay fees, then in 3 yrs everything goes back to illegal. so now they have you registered while things go back to illegal. no bueno.

12. They call it a "pilot program," but they are also considering decriminalization, so I think if both mj bills passes in Illinois, cannibas will be leagel for good. The federal government is also looking into taking mj off the Schedlue 1 list, so I think there's a pretty goo chance that we may see total legalization in the near future. Or at least I hope. I must confess there is a little wishful thinking in that last statement, but some times it pays to be an optemist.

The Pumpkin Man

13. all a mater of time. Finally the fact that money gains attention will work for us this time. Once its seen how much money is being brought into Washington and Colorado via people vacationing and visiting just for the legalization factor. I for one will be at cannabis cup in denver on 420! Sure would rather stay in my state and spend that cash here!

14. I can hardly blame you for that, Lil. I would rather spend the money in Illinois, too, but even in the leagal states, you can bet on cannibas being taxed at every level. They are going to tax the growers, in ADDITION TO charging them several thousand for a growers license. They are going to tax the whole salers, and they are going to tax the consumers. It's still going to cost 300 or 400 bucs for decent mj, but about 75% of that price will be tax. That's why cigarettes are so expensive. In fact, in the case of cigarettes and most other tobacco products, taxes account for close to 90% of the price you pay for them.

And then there's the feds. Once the feds get in on the action, they will also tax mj at every level.

I think growing our own weed will be the most ecconomical way to indulge in it. If and When I do go to Colorado this Summer, I am definately going to bring my own weed.

The Pumpkin Man

15. Yeah my dad does a lot of cross country riding with his friends and with his age now I understand him giving up "style" for comfort. But your bike is still more "sporty" than his, he's got one of those big monster bikes. And I hate crotch rockets by the way, if it's not a Harley it's not a bike. But I'm a bias opinion haha.

We are actually having our wedding down in Texas end of April. Any tips for the person taking our pictures? It's a small wedding and it's actually a friend doing it for free because she has the knowledge and the camera, but I don't know what poses wedding parties usually do, I know the bride and groom but have any inside photographer tips for me? I'm happy to say I'm new to this wedding stuff haha

16. Actualy I like the big monster bikes. I would love to own an Electraglide Ultra Classic CVO touring bike. I do a lot of traveling, and that tour pack (trunk) would come in quite happy.

The person who shoots photos at your wedding probably has worked on developing her own skill levels as an artist. The only advice I would give is that she shoot it in the Camera RAW format, provided that her camera can shoot RAW files, and she has Photo Shop, or some comparible photo editing soft wear that can open the Camera RAW files. I'm assuming she's shooting with a digital camera. I would advise a grey card, and custom white ballancing, but without knowing what brand and model of camera she will be using, all my advice could be nothing more then talking through my hat.

Good luck with your wedding and your mariage.

The Pumpkin Man

17. Old thread, but how does Harley Davidson get away with all that exhaust noise..(Noise abatement laws)..For those in autos next to them..That noise SUX big time..(Yes, I ride too).

18. Harley Davidson, The most effective machine at turning gas into noise. without the side effect of horsepower.
    Give me a BMW, Guzzi or a Duck for a big twin any time over a Harley.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I agree. But a sensible buzz doubles the pleasure; especially riding in traffic. [I drive an '04 FXST.]

20. You take the baffles out and you can't hear the cop telling you you're too loud? ;)

Anyhow, I have screaming eagle II pipes(3" diameter) that are obnoxious as hell running straight.
    So I installed smaller (than stock) baffles which took the edge off, less obnoxious, yet kept most of the volume.

• Like Like x 1