Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

harhar video games....on weed?!?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by revilowned, Feb 22, 2010.

1. So, I heard once video gamers compared to pot smokers in the whole 'they sit around all the time and they get nothing done' argument. It was on one of those healthy family websites, that have random articles about everything claiming that they know what's best for 'the average family.'
    Well, here I am smoking a joint in between games just carousing the internet for topics of interest and I stumble upon this shit. Some website that is trying to tell me the things I enjoy doing are a waste of my time, obviously I want to know why they would say this. So I venture into the article.
    Now, I'm not going to quote the article word for word because we all know the kind of things it says. It's the whole, marijuana makes people useless and lazy - video games amplify the worthless and double the laziness. So here I am, baked off my ass waiting for my game to download and install a new patch, reading about pot and video games make people lazy and not care. So I start thinking...
    I started smoking weed and playing video games at around the same time. This time was back in high school. Back when they were trying to force feed me propaganda about staying in school and investing and blah blah. So, I think over my decision, am I disappointed that I play video games a lot and smoke weed? No, it's damn fun. Does it bug me that everyone thinks I'm an unproductive, worthless asshole? Probably not as much as it should. Is there a point to this article? I'm getting there.
    To sum it all up, when I read this article I was confused. As though this person knew me and wrote me off before they even met me. I don't want to raise a family, get a house, have grandchildren, and make over 100k a year. I want to fucking smoke pot and play video games.
    I enjoy smoking pot, I enjoy playing video games and I don't have to work that hard to do either of them. I'm a typical fucking pothead because I love my life and I'm not going to stress out when the bong spills. I'm a typical fucking pothead because I can play video games all day long without going into fits of depression over wasted time. I'm a typical pothead because I can accept that everyone is different and productive in there own way. I'm a typical pothead because I can do anything in the world and I'm sitting at home hitting the bong. I love this world, I love my life and I fucking love smoking pot.
    Shit...what was I talkin about? I really felt like I was going somewhere with that too..Ahh fuck it, I'm just baked and ramblin...

2. Fucking A man, nothing wrong with that at all. Whatever makes you happy as long as you aren't burdening anyone else.

3. Hell yea, be happy with your life

4. Beautiful man. Wish everybody understood that people should want their own happiness and values, not the ones society says we should want.

5. Your style of life is perfect my friend, and just to add what kind of games you play dude?

6. Yeah man. Nothing wrong with pulling down 20K a year, smoking weed, and playing video games most of the day. As long as you're happy and healthy who cares?

My ideal situation would be pretty close to that: A one bedroom apartment, shared with my girlfriend. Have a nice video game setup and a decent PC rig, maybe a 32+ inch HDTV. The rest of my money would go to bills, other necessities, internet/cable, and weed.

Hell, if I someday saved up enough to own a small plot of land I would build basically the same thing, except be growing my own weed.

Have friends/family over all the time to smoke and relax and maybe do something creative in my little free time that isn't already being used. (Write a book or something)

Honestly I don't know that I would have even needed to graduate high school to realize my dreams.

7. What i love is that thew ppl who write these articles are the ones really wasting their lives. Honestly, they work for some barely-read website, live in some po-dunk town, and have no future. They're just pissed cuz theyre stuck in dead end low level corporate jobs. They wanted to have a certain lifestyle, but didn't get it. Personally, I do want some of these things, but whats great about the average pothead is that they know what they want, and they get it.

8. Smoking a lot of pot and playing video games all the time will only contribute to the perpetuation of the stereotype (albeit on a small, fractional basis) that stoners are worthless jerks. You should be fighting that stereotype.

I think it's noble that you don't care about money. Neither do I. But you should at least fill your head with some knowledge about important matters of the outside world, instead of memorizing how many punches it take to kill Donkey Kong. Get stoned and watch the news or something.

9. Everyone has a different path in life. Do what makes you and those closest to you happy.

10. word, fuck those people who write those

11. Nailed it on the fucking head, my friend. When people around me are attacking pot by using accusations like: It makes you lazy, you won't contribute to society, makes you okay with being bored and doing nothing."

I say "....exactly"
    :smoking:

"And i couldn't be happier doing it"

12. Don't follow the stereotypes, let the wind blow you where it wishes.

13. Right on man! Life is about the pursuit of happiness. If you are happy with what you have going on, why change it? Thats why I laugh at people when I'm told these things!

I used to be a huge game/anime nerd in HS people always used to say that I'm wasting my life, but to hell with that! I'm living my life the way I want to!

But right on man, fuck all that "what you are supposed to be" shit.

14. Ok, while playing games that require skill high is fun.. I SUCK AT IT.. I become horrible at games when im high but i still enjoy it twice as much lol. Played Dantes Inferno on a HD tv on a ps3 the other day high and it was SO CRAZY i loved it.

15. i got 2 words into this article and i thought "this is one high motherfucker writting this" but i continued reading cause i am a high mother fucker. HIGH TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!:bongin::smoking:

16. I agree with you pretty much 100%

Like you said about making 100k a year, whats the point of doing that if your working your ass off your whole life? I would rather do what I want and not work as much and get a smaller pay check. You would have nothing to live for, no time to live your LIFE. You only get one of those mo'fuckas. Dont waste it trying to make something as (how ironic) worthless as money. Its god damn paper. Same with material things. I see no point in buying something way over what its value should be just because its cool or makes you look good.

PS: I also just recently got into video games which is weird. Xbox360 changed my life. Now im a gamer lol. Though ive only really played call of duty and gears of war games. They never get old for me.

17. Who was it that said "If you die with money, you lived poorly?"

or something along those lines.

18. Us visiting an anti-pot site is like a black person visiting a kkk site or a jew visiting a nazi site; anti-pot is discrimination against a group of people - it's racism, only it isn't race-based..

19. My hippie senses are tingling

20. Don't you want to help others who are less fortunate than you?