harden off

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by alexk1130, Mar 20, 2008.

1. i got this bush inside that i'm moving outside in april, so i eventually got to harden it and my question is how gradual does the process need to be? any help would be much appreciated

2. I don't know but I'm also interested in this, because I'll be doing the same once summer rolls around. :)

3. use a fan bro it makes it seem like real wind and builds stem strength

4. Put it outside for a bit increasing the time outside over a period of 1-2 weeks, then just leave it. It needs time to be climatized.

5. Yea, i am unfamiliar with this term exactly, but sounds to me like it needs slow exposure, little bit a at a time, but I am not positive. I know there are products you can buy like penetrators that will help this sort of thing, but not sure if thats what you mean exactly..

6. to the guy about the fan, i supercropped my plant so the stem is deisel so thats all set. thanks for the advice though.

to the rest of you the term like i said is hardening off and what i meant was how gradually should i expose it to the uv rays (like starting with 30 minutes exposure then moving up every day) i wanna be real careful cause this is the ill bush

7. i'm in no rush to learn the proper technique of hardening off as the weather won't be fair for another month or so, but is there anybody out there educated on this subject who could share their wisdom? thanks it't be much appreciated

8. Bring them outside for an hour or two, then back inside, under your light.
    Next day, leave em out for a half-hour or an hour longer, then back in.

Keep increasing the time by 30-60 minutes everyday, once you can leave them out for a good 8-10 hours with no stress signs, your golden.

You can do the same thing indoors if you kick up the fan a little so it's not just fluttering the leaves but making the plants sway a tad, and drop your room temp down to the mid 60's, it will accomplish the same thing. But just dont forget about the fan, you want em to get roughed up a little, but you don't want to dry them out terribly.

All you're basically doing is giving the plant a windy, brisk, spring climate to (gradually) match what they'll get outside in the early season. That's what i've always done.

[/$0.02]
    ~t_i

9. thanks for the help, i can't wait to get this beauty outside