Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hard to breathe when I'm high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The3rdNipple, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Well I've been smoking for quite a while now, almost a year but it's on and off so I don't remember when this started. Whenever I smoke a lot, it gets hard to breathe through my nose like it's clogged. I've tried using salt + water which helps a little bit but clogs up again. This ONLY happens after I smoke and am wondering if anyone else goes through the same thing?

Please, don't give me any bull shit answers like check your doctor. I remember reading smoke dries out your airways and some other shit that makes it harder to breathe.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I can still breathe but I have to widen my nostrils and inhale a bit harder than usual, and I sometimes forget to breathe as well. Food doesn't take as good as it does because of how I can't really breathe deeply.

2. Lol, I'm the same way, thats how I can tell how I'm really blazed lmao. Drinks and thinking about something else seems to always do the trick. Girls usually are enough to get my mind off of my breathing "troubles" almost instantly.

3. ive heard of allergies to bud?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Well unfortunately my friend i don't have thee answer. But i have heard the smoking and mucus correlation. So i have an idea for you. Try a allergy nose spray, see if that works, if so this is minor and if not then its internal

Is your heart racing or any other unusual things?

5. Yea, ive been getting that for quite some time. I was gonee one day and noticed that. oh well.. ill just have a drink next to me.

6. The pesticides and stuff eh. Although im sure that's true too, but this is more common.

I'm sure OP has tried a few different strains/dealers/friends joints?

7. I've had that, my heart beats faster after I smoke

8. its calles pellanumbreosis. it can be life threatening....good luck

9. I know my nose gets kinda runny when im really high maybe yours just clogs up try a spray that get rid on congestion its usually caused by membranes lining in the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels
    Probably a allergic reaction to the weed or pesticides in the weed.
    Or maybe you have a deviated septum
    or maybe your just sitting in a postion that causes blood to flow to your brain
    if its that just stand up and move around a bit it should cause the congestion to go away hope this helps

10. Heart racing is normal right? Your heart rate speeds up x4 if I remember correctly. See, I'm blazed right now and I keep forgetting what I'm gonna say lmfao! :hello:

11. LMFAO, you guys are trolling me so bad haha...

12. It's possible that (at least some of it) is just in your head. Of course you may be completely right in what you're telling us-I am not you so I don't know ;). Just a thought that I bet you have considered, just trying to help

13. No. Once in a long while yeah. Or if you smoke very unfrequently but get really high when you do...then possibly.

How often do you smoke and how much?

14. sorry bro, ive just always wanted to make up a health condition lol.

15. That definitely happens to me. But I went on a t break for about a month and since I've started back it hasn't been happening.

16. i have the same thing happen. im pretty sure its just irritation caused by the smoke. or because weed relaxes blood vessels and the tissue in your nose becomes more full of mucus and stuff because its not being restricted. pretty sure it the former though

17. I know this is an old post, but don't believe them dude! It's real. Even the Dr.p can't help my breathing. I even tried tea and soup, but it just didn't work.

18. try to ignore it thinking about it will just make it worse. do u like tea ? try hot tea with honey it always helps clear my airways. or just get some methol cough drops an dont blow smoke out your nose

• Like Like x 1
  19. I feel like my nasal passage is dry-stuffy/inflamed recently, even when it's just a one-hit high. I'm a 29 year-old female and have been smoking pretty much nonstop since I was 14. I neeever had this problem with not being able to breathe through my nose while high until...

Last year I was taking Milk Thistle to try to detox my liver of all the birth control hormones I allowed into my body for the past 9 years (eyeroll). A week in and I started waking in the night feeling like I couldn't breath through my nose. It continued on and even started to affect me while I was awake! I had a recent history of nocturnal panic attacks so I thought it was that until it happened while I was awake; THEN I knew something was up.

I found it was happening as soon as my pot kicked in! Mega WAAAAHHH! So, of course, I chose weed and kicked the milk outta that thistle! ;) (still in my fridge just in case I figure this all out and it wasn't the thistle [glares at pot].) 'Cause when I looked up milk thistle, rare side effects included breathing difficulty AND insomnia! X[

Soo, since thislte is a ragweed(?), and I had hay fever when youner, I'm wondering if I might have a in-general WEED allergy! ;'{ I did notice that during the thistle incident i was smoking a strain called "Booger," so.. Hahaha! Go figure Booger would make my nose feel stuffy! XD

Recently it's either the Banana Puff or the Great White Shark; both, along with Booger, local pharmacy-grown. So I'm wondering from what JoePain25 and Pazian had mentioned, if pesticides or additives might be the culprit. :/

But yeah, as Sirajsam said, "drink and don't think about it," is what I did yesterday.

*Found this when searching about this stonedy affliction. I know it's an old post. ;) Thanks everyone for contributing! Very helpful thread.