Hard time telling if plants are ready to be harvested.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madddhatter, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, newbie grower here

I'm having a hard time telling if my plants are ready to be harvested. I've inspected the trichomes under a 100x scope. It LOOKS like most of the trichomes are cloudy, but I really can't be sure. When the trichomes start turning amber, is it pretty obvious?

Being that my plants are so late in the game, I would really hate to harvest them to early, or to late.

2. I'm subbing this to see other responses as well. I've got an auto flowering now. I have been checking with my 30x scope and it *looks* like they are all still cloudy. Every now and then I will come across an amber trich. I think I need a more powerful scope regardless.

3. My bad if im totally wrong since i know very little about growing, but ive heard that you can pull the plants when the trichomes get to the color you want. Like the cloudy trichomes give a head high and amber a body high or some shit. Idk, try posting some pics if you can. Are the pistils pretty much receded and the leaves starting to die out? Wait for other peoples responses as i clearly dont know what im talking about hahaha

4. These are what you should be seeing under a 100x scope:

Attached Files:

5. Most of the fan leaves (think that's what they're called) are dying or turning yellow, and most of the pistils are brown or turning brown. There are maybe a few white pistils on the top of the main cola bud.

I'll try getting some pics up today.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the thc in cannabis actually begins to degrade after a certain point.

6. Absolutely. That's why there is an optimum time of when to chop, depending on preference. A lot of people swear by 50/50 cloudy/amber. But many deviate from that.

7. Harvest them now brutha