Hard Time Letting Go

Discussion in 'Pets' started by pinkbubbles, Apr 8, 2022.

1. #21 Oldtimer58, Apr 9, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    We had a boxer many years ago.
    My son was working at a moving company and they got to the house of the client and after they losded the truck the client told them he was in a bad spot. Apparently the place he was moving didn't allow animals. My son called me to see if he could bring her home and after a short conversation I told him yes but under 1 condition she would be his responsibility and he told me that was cool. So that afternoon he came home with the most beautiful female boxer . She was about a year old and very well behaved .
    The guy he got her from failed to tell him her name so after throwing out several names we decided on Bizkit .
    For the next 12 years Bizkit was a member of our family . Somewhere in her 11th year with us she started having health problems which affected her mobility. Then it got to the point that she no longer could climb the front steps so I carried her in or out to keep her from trying to climb the front steps. I did that for almost a year because I
    didnt have the heart to put her down.
    One day I got down on the floor with her and she put her front paws across my chest and just licked on me and loved on me for an hour. I looked ino her eyes and I knew that day she was ready to go. I called the kids to tell them what we'd decided and suggested that they come over to say their goodbyes and they did. We had a great day with her. I'm in tears as I type this and it's been almost 13 years. When the time came i was a wreck. I was holding her when the vet gave her the injection . I cried the whole way back home and when I was preparing her final resting place.
    We had loved her for 12 years she was the greatest dog we'd ever had.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Thanks Toni and Oldtimer...last night I went to my neighbors place and we smoked up a few times and had a couple drinks so I was able to unwind a bit and have some laughs....nothing like good friends to help u feel better and it is exactly what I needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2