Happy Birthday Jerry Garcia!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by peacenpot420, Aug 1, 2011.

1. How are there no threads on this?!? Today is Jerry Garcia's birthday. Lets all sit back roll up a fat one and listen to some dead!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdTQ3OPtGY]‪Grateful Dead - Ripple‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. I just made a thread of this

3. Oh yeah thanks ice cream man..why is this in the music section?:confused_2:

4. why is this in the music section? .........ummm maybe because he's a musician? idk just a guess

5. Born today, and in 8 days, we mourn his death.... I bet he would be rolling over in his grave if he say the fucking bullshit prices further sells tickets for today.... scam artists at their best.... If someone went to all their CO dates this year, thats about 400-500 bucks.... wtf is that

6. everything these days revolves around money. I don't think its the musician's fault though. You gotta take into account all the venues and all the staff and crew that need to be paid. I'm sure theres a lot of people that benefit from the high priced ticket sales. But I agree its bullshit.

7. A true musician. Never will modern day music be this meaningful and creative.

8. Sorry for the distasteful joke. :( My brother actually got to follow around the dead for awhile after high school.

I can't listen to Ripple or Sugar magnolia without smiling once.:)

Thanks for the great music Jerry. :hello:

9. Love his ice cream!

10. There's a jerry garcia birthday bash festival down here in wv. I wanna go