hanna checker?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TooSober, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I think my PH is gettin outta wack, and I need to check it asap. I can't spend $100+ on a nice meter, and was gonna just go with papers of some solution, but I saw the Hanna Checker was pretty inexpensive. However, that's not always a good thing. Anyone have any experience with one? Or have any other suggestions?
    Please help! My babies ain't lookin real happy the last few days.

2. you could try flushing w/distilled or RO water...

3. can you spend like 50 or 60? milwaukee makes some quality products for around that price

4. I would GLADLY spend $50 on a meter, if I knew it was reliable.

5. i have and use the hannah checker. got it for about $40 at my hydro shop. make sure you get some 7.0 and 4.0 solutions to calibrate it.

its a very simple meter, but works great, better than strips or drops lol. calibration requires a small flathead screwdriver, but the process is very simple.

6. how long have you had your Checker?I have seen quite a few people that have had problems with theirs. I'd like to think it's because they didn't properly care for them.

7. well I've only had mine about 2-3months. they aren't waterproof-you can only submerse the probe. also probes can be delicate. You shouldn't bang the probe against anything and you should keep it submersed in some 7.0 solution for storage. but this (aside from the waterproof thing) is for all ph meters.

I don't see how they could give problems, there is really no moving parts. just take care of it and you should be fine. calibrate regularly to ensure accuracy and you're good to go

8. how so you use something like that to check soil ph? Just test the run off? Or is there a better way? I'm pretty sure that's the one I will be going with.

9. test the runoff. tried and true method