Handicapped Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by MetalMaryJane, Aug 18, 2013.

1. I assume most of you smoke marijuana..but I'm curious if you smoke it just to smoke it or actually smoke because of a disability.

I would love to know what kind of disability you have and your daily struggles. Everyone needs some support every once in awhile.

I have Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) which causes me to go slowly blind.
    Epilepsy, although I haven't had a seizure in 8 years I'm terrified everyday that I will. I've started to get an OCD habit of checking my pulse every 5 minutes.

2. helps me calm my shit so i dont beat on people for stepping on my shoes at the store. im not joking it really helps with my anger issues allot. 

3. #3 Serenity, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Well the only real legit reason I have for using cannabis as a medicine that can't be fixed any other way is my arthritis in my knees.Though it may be something else that could be fixed with surgery but I don't have the money to find out.I could probably add my plethora of mental issues but I've never got any of that looked into.  But I don't even really use it for recreation. For the past six months or so getting high hasn't been fun. I'm just normal, per say after I smoke. 

Oh and there is also anxiety and stress, But bud doesn't do shit to help that anymore. I'm sure my not using in moderation and tolerance is partly to blame. I need to get a vape, and just try and only take a few drags throughout the day. And save actually getting high for a few times a week. 

4. It was a social cocktail when I was younger, but I decided to quit when I was about 23 because I was burnt out after smoking all day everyday for years.  Recently I started using weed for joint pain in my shoulders, and muscle pain and stiffness in my arms and legs. For the last year of my career I went to work fucked up on pills and bourbon. I haven't worked in a year and a half now due to severe pain that prevented me from dressing myself in the morning. I started getting sharp pains in my side and quit taking all the pain killers the doctors had prescribed, and those sharp pains went away. Weed works like magic for my pain. But I still don't care to be high all the time, especially when I have something important to do. I only smoke enough to manage the pain and have a pretty low tolerance. Sometimes I get higher than I like when figuring out the dosage of some new stuff. I have also discovered that it really helps with other issues like depression, anxiety, and sleep deprivation. 

5. #5 MetalMaryJane, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    So sometimes when I'm in public as it's a bit crowded, I break out my cane and immediately people move the fuck out of my way. But also look at me as if I have an incurable disease that they may catch. I think the public has some kind of fear of blind people, like they hope to god they dont have to interact with them. Such a strange way to view someone with a disability.