halo:CE vs halo 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by THCdelta11, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I've been taking it back to when I was a kid latley and playing all the old games, but for some reason I have never played halo CE or halo 2

which game do you think is better? I'll probably end up playing both since they are only ten dollars haha

2. Halo 2 had LIVE on XBOX. It was legendary.

Though I have 2000+ hours in Halo PC (halo 1 for pc) in multiplayer, and will probably always be my favorite shooter, Halo 2 for xbox was a better game then the original only becouse of the online aspect.

LANing on halo 2 and halo 1 with mlg settings will always be my favorite gaming moments.

Halo 3 was ok, but it lost something special when they gave us the bubble shield and stuff. Reach sucks, Halo aniversary single player is awesome, they should of remade multiplayer with an updated netcode.

Halo 4 will be call of duty. Fuck,

3. [quote name='"SmokehTehBerr"']Halo 2 had LIVE on XBOX. It was legendary.

Though I have 2000+ hours in Halo PC (halo 1 for pc) in multiplayer, and will probably always be my favorite shooter, Halo 2 for xbox was a better game then the original only becouse of the online aspect.

LANing on halo 2 and halo 1 with mlg settings will always be my favorite gaming moments.

Halo 3 was ok, but it lost something special when they gave us the bubble shield and stuff. Reach sucks, Halo aniversary single player is awesome, they should of remade multiplayer with an updated netcode.

Halo 4 will be call of duty. Fuck,[/quote]

Nah I have faith in Halo 4, I'm just pretty much getting it for the campaign cause I love the Halo story plot, and Trey just get both, no use just getting one, then once you get both play them in order, like Halo 1 first then Halo 2 then 3, and they released a new remade version of Halo 1 with new graphics and multiplayer and everything but it'll probably be like $30 for the remake edition but I think you should get it, and then Halo 2 is super cheap so just get that aswell

4. I have already played and beat halo 3
    I'm not gona spend 30 bucks on a remastered version of halo when I don't care at all about graphics because I can get the first halo for 10$

5. [quote name='"THCdelta11"']I have already played and beat halo 3
    I'm not gona spend 30 bucks on a remastered version of halo when I don't care at all about graphics because I can get the first halo for 10$[/quote]

The remastered was awful, the controls were not very fluid, the way you played it was nothing like halo;

i like halo 2 better, better story, multiplayer, weapons, halo 3 was alright, reach i didnt care for , i hated the new power things they gave you like armor lock...

6. Combat evolved or die!

7. I liked the remastered version, you get multiplayer with the original maps and you get forge and you can connect to your Reach profile without putting in the Reach disk

8. Halo 2 for multiplayer, Halo: CE for campaign.

9. :laughing: good joke bro

Halo CE Aniversary; i would advise to stay away from if you want to play coop tho, always seems to have a horrible control sluggish/lag when playing as the non-host parter, can be very very annoying and hard to deal with. But the story is a million times better than halo 2, without question

10. Halo 2 was by far the best halo in the series. Just everything about the game was sick. The multiplayer was the best multiplayer out of all the halos. I spent alot of hours playing it lol. And i loved the super bounces and all the ways to get out of the maps.

The originally 1st halo is a close runner up. Its my second favorite out of the halo's. It started everything. I remember playing it when it first game out. I would beat the game, then start up a whole new campaign just to beat it again. Ahhh good days.

11. Mate Halo:CE is one of the greatest games ever made man! I loved it.

But Halo 2 was whack as fuck. The fact you had to play as the arbiter was just...just awful.

This is my view based on the campaigns though. I didn't have live back then. But I heard the multiplayer was awesome so I guess that's a plus for halo 2.

12. yea me neither i was strictly campaign , combat evolved shits on every other halo story wise

13. Dude I loved playing as the arbitor

14. this pretty much sums up my entire opinion. halo 3 was also lacking hit scan which really ruined the game. oh well im a pc gamer now though, although i did buy a $150 adapter that lets me use mouse and keyboard on xbox for halo 4 before i knew halo 4 was going to be trash... kinda pissed about that since the only game i use my xbox for anymore is forza...

15. [​IMG]

16. Months down the road....

I was correct.

17. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']
    I did buy a $150 adapter that lets me use mouse and keyboard on xbox[/quote]

What adapter is this?

18. #19 Paperhouse, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Halo 2 was more memorable.

Just going online on a console for the first time is an amazing feeling that new xbox live players won't ever get to experience the same way. This was mindblowing shit to me back in 2004 even as I was already playing online PC FPS.

Edit: Also this map... GOAT

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Lp4J6PXoQ[/ame]