Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. [​IMG]Here is my Kief after the Decarb. It has darkened from golden blond to several shades browner and smells like roasted nuts.
    upload_2022-3-12_19-12-22.jpeg
    I always have one behind the glass door of the toaster oven and can see exactly what is going on.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  2. I posted a picture in this thread of my hash before cooking and now you can see what it looks like after cooking in this thread too. It starts off quite dark already - darker than your kief I imagine - but it got even darker/blacker and melted in the oven. I am sure the oven temperature was 240F, just seems 240F is too high for what I'm working with maybe?

3. [​IMG]

I had to back up a couple of pages to find the shots. How odd it went so black in the decarb.
    Experiment and test is all I can suggest.

Use the single gram recipe as that makes the fewest capsules. (6-7) Since we don't know the age or possible state of natural decarb start with some straight off the block. Add some decarb at lower temps or shorter times . See if it makes a huge change in the stone.

This either works like gold or it lacks much of it's power. No real half way about it.. To short a decarb or not hot enough or sealed / wet is the most common reason for a fail. 8 of the last Fixes I helped people with were all in the decarb stage.

Test what you have as the decarb time and temps has been extensively laboratory tested. I will add that even a double decarb doesn't change the stone in any large measure. I've gotten sidetracked and missed hearing the timer go off and realized, Crap the decarbing Kief !!! . Even 90 minutes at 260 F only had the tips blackening and a shade darker then normal. The stone was identical as all the other Capsules. So longer Decarb = no change.
    It's an under-decarb you really want to avoid.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1 gram Decarbed Kief or Hash or powdered Buds.
    1/2 teaspoon Coconut oil
    1/8th teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Reheat.
    Done

Fills 7 single zero size (0) capsules.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Damn the mornings capsule has kicked in and a few tokes of Kief with Stairway to Heaven playing in the earphones and I'm TRIPPING. Same as every morning. Damn make my eyes crossed and drill holes in my brain stoned. Whew.......
    This just never gets old. :) :) :)

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. So in my case, where things have gone black/melted, do you think I cooked off the THC in the decarb process? Or should it be alright? I took one capsule this morning but to be honest I also smoked so it's a not a controlled test.

7. Doesn't need to be. If the edible worked you'll know it. I find smoking to be hazardous when highly dosed on edibles. It doesn't take much smoke to push me higher then I like. Just a toke or two and wait and see where I land.

We never know just how much it'll take as we all have different sweet spots of Stone.

Take 10mg
    Wait 2 full hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more
    Wait 2 additional hours
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more
    Wait
    If not

Keep doubling and waiting between until it works. It will work sooner or later. Keep track of how much it took and use that as your baseline stating point the next day.

Kief -Hash 1 drop = 3mg of THC
    Powdered Buds 1 drop = 1mg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. I didn't go through the effort of counting individual drops, I just eyeballed filling each capsule to the top. You really count the drops? Also, when heating the mixture on the mug warmer there was always some "sediment" that would develop that I would have to manually stir back into the mix before using the dropper to fill a capsule. Does this happen to you as well?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Having counted long ago I just fill them now.
    Yes I constantly stir between filling each capsule. It's become second nature and I am not aware of even doing it now.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Your hash looks very tasty! Had the pleasure to see black afghan again - a real one! With golden mark on the brick and it was really, really sticky…soft like butter and smelled like minty mountain. Your hash looks really nice too - like a good Moroccan and I’m sure yours is such as potent or even more!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can I ask - why the freeze and then reheat? And on the reheat… is it 220* for another 20 mins?

• Like Like x 1
  12. The single freeze is more for texture then effects. I often let the capsules melt in my mouth as I love the taste of the Kief oil. It's like an exotic nut butter you can't quite put a name to. It is slightly gritty like sand on your hotdog after the initial infusion. The freeze breaks that down and smooth's the end product. You don't need a full 20 minute reheat after a freeze. Warm it up enough to flow and start filling Capsules.

Several back to back heat and freezes seems to make it a better evening / sleep aid. 4 or more is the recommendation.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Thank you bnw

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Hi! A little bit off topic, but I couldn’t think of better place to ask some hash related questions.

A photo of the hash I have:
    1A0FCADE-38DF-4B90-B25D-6BC4D64DFFE8.jpeg

As you see - dry, blond morrocan hash. It’s still sticky, it bubbles when warmed, nice white ash when burned with rich flowery/spicy smell.

I don’t have the other type of hash to show a photo, but I will try to describe it: black on the outside/dark blond on the inside, REALLY soft - when you break it up it keeps sticking on your fingers, bubbles when warmed, it catches fire pretty fast and start to “melt” and it has really strong flowery/sweety smell, not that spicy. The guy states both are morrocan hash and are dry-sifted. The black soft hash looks almost like Afghan, but it smells like real morrocan.

so…how is possible to have such a different final product if you make it the same way?

15. Good question.
    Sorry I can't advise on this as I really only have first hand experience working with the dry ice Kief I make here in the back yard. It is always the same stuff. Just the volume I get changes between strains and plants.

Summer, Fall. Winter or Spring harvests it's all virtually exactly identical. Same punch, Same trippy high every day.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Some of the stickiest bubble hash I’ve ever produced came from fresh , frozen buds. It was mega tasty tho!
    I doubt that’s what happened in your case, but it’s all I have!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well the hash here is legally sold in the coffeeshop, but producing it is illegal, so the hash although legally purchased, still comes from the black market. Most of the hash sold here in the Netherlands is Morrocan. The price, quality, taste, colour and potency can differ a lot, but as far as known here, they produce it by dry-sifting it - they let the whole plant dry until the winter - when it gets cold, most of them start to beat the hash out - just put the flowers on big sift and smack them to shake the trichomes out. I can imagine the hash can differ by colour, taste or potency, but still I can’t explain how they produce such a sticky hash… like dough. As soon as I have some I will post you some photos.

Maybe it is not a clean product…although it doesn’t smell suspicious…it doesn’t burn strange and the ash is white. It has a little bit blue/milky smoke when fired.

18. Hmmm… well if they wait til winter to properly process it then maybe it was hash that was made on an exceptionally frigid day. Maybe the starting material was actually frozen?:confused_2:

19. When I was in West Germany in 1974-75 we had a wide range of Hashish to choose from.
    Tripping Green = This was the most common and easiest to find.
    Lebanese Blond = Second most common and the closest to the Kief I shake.
    Choking Red = While a great stone it was really harsh and you choked till you gagged.
    Bubble Gum Black = Sticky ball Hash that was like smoking road tar.
    Opiated Tripping Green = Most of the drivers avoided this as it would show in a piss test and ground you.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. So you don’t need to trim to much of your plants then if you just turn it into dry ice kief?

what’s the difference between hash and kief?
    I have about 5 grams of sticky left overs from the bottom of the grinder (but I don’t know what to do with it) or to even call it!! Lol
    I do have 25 grams of kief - that I want to play with