Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Yeah when I used my regular kief it worked like a charm, but with the flower while I definitely could have made some caps I would have been left with a dry mass of flower at the bottom so after 2 attempts just threw the whole 10 g mixture into a batch of brownies. I'll probably stick to kief for the caps when I have enough, that definitely worked really well

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'll be doing the RSO version of the caps in the coming few weeks and that might be a better approach for you working with buds.
    I'm currently decarbing all the "Scraps" left from power shaking then I'll wash it all to tincture. Reduce and add Coconut oil - Lecithin to the reduced tar and cap it.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. I am making RSO caps/MCT for a while. Although I buy only premium hash, the RSO is 2x stronger... if I am wasted from 5-6 drops from the hash oil, 2-3 drops RSO will do the job for sure. Don't waste your buds trying to powder them and use them as you will do with kief/hash - it won't work. At least it didn't worked for me. Make RSO out of it and then produce further, following @BrassNwood recipe. I use 1ml of MCT/coconut oil for 1ml RSO - 1:1 ratio. Don't forget the lecithin !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]
    Last batch from the freezer
    [​IMG]
    About 800 capsules in all.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. #885 GorillaGherkin, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Cheese cloth. Did u run your decarbed material through a coffee grinder before adding it to oil and baking it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just ordered some RSO (should be arriving Tuesday or Wedensday) and was just wondering if their is any special tips I need to do with handling it? With distillate Ive figured out its best to heat it up and then draw it into syringes, then heat the syringes with water and shoot the contents directly into the tincture where I mix with oil and lethecin before putting in the oven for the BNW magic to happen. Is the consistency of RSO fluid enough when hot for this method to work?

Finally, at a 1:1 oil to RSO ratio how much lethecin have you been using? At that level a pinch would probably do it but I usually use 5-10 grams to make a bach of 100 pills so a pinch isnt really precise when multiplied to that amount. Do you find the less oil to concentrate ratio than the original BNW recipe alters the high at all?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Didn't use cheesecloth but grinded to a powder after decarb before mixing it with the oil lecithin mixture

• Like Like x 1
  8. I strain mine through cheese cloth to avoid plunger problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #889 rpangelov, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    For every 1ML of RSO I used 1ML of MCT/coconut oil. I use 1/6 lecithin... maybe a little more - it can't hurt you. Last time I used 1/4 teaspoon and it works perfect. Just follow the recipe of @BrassNwood:

1. 1ml of RSO in a dish - decarb it for 40mins at 240F
    2. Blend it with 1ml of coconut oil/MCT oil and 1/6 lecithin - 1/4 teaspoon
    3. Infuse for 20mins at 220F
    4. Ready to go!

You can fill caps if u use coconut oil or fill a dropper if u use MCT. If you use coconut oil, fill the caps when the oil is warm - once it gets on room temperature it will get solid. If you use MCT it will stay liquid and you can use it perfectly with dropper.

PS: After day of 2-3 I will make RSO/MCT again. I have 30g of amensia haze buds ready. I will make photos of each step and post it agan so you can follow the whole process - from buds to RSO to MCT dropper/ coconut oil caps.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [​IMG]

After I run the Tincture through the still and recover the Alcohol. I'm left with the cup of water I added and the RSO as floating oil-tar globs. Under the fan overnight evaporates the water and I'm left with this sticky tar.

I'll add roughly an eyeball equal amount of Coconut oil and the usual 1/6th the oils volume as Lecithin. Again I just eyeball it as everything but the Coconut oil is very sticky-tacky and hard to accurately measure.

The Coconut oil worked into the tar actually helps loosen it from the pan for transfer to the small working dish for further processing and capping.

Your RSO may differ. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. #891 rpangelov, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Just as promised, here the photo's of how I infuse MCT oil with RSO which I made by using 30grams of 'shake' - I set quotes, because this shake is not the shake I remember from like 10 years ago - this are just small buds... no shake at all - no stems, no leafs... just small buds - they are not less potent than the big buds, but the most smokers here want big huge buds and when they see a bag filled with small buds, they ask if they can get another one... strange for me. When I smoked I preferd the small buds as they are not less potent, but they have no stems... big bud - big stem.. anyway. Here this picture guide

1. 30gr of amnesia haze shake
    step1.jpg
    2. Crush it roughly by hand - just brake the buds and decarb as suggested - 240F (115C) for 40 mins
    step2.jpg
    3. transfer it into a jar and freeze your decarbed weed for couple of hours - by doing so your prevent solving lots of chlorophyl
    step3.jpg
    4. I use 190 proof alcohol (96%) and I hold it in the freezer - also to prevent solving lots of chlorophyl. Fill the jar with your weed with just enough alcohol to cover all the weed. Close the jar and shake it aggressively for 5 mins!
    step4.jpg

5. Strain it with a coffee filter. Use a metal mesh to hold the weed in the jar as you will do a second wash - repeat step 4 once more. Second wash can by for about 2-3 mins - just to be sure you wash out everything.
    step5.jpg

6. Waint until all the alcohol is strained through the coffee filter. It can take a while. Once all the alcohol is strained, I throw another 40-50 ml clean alcohol to wash everything out of the coffeefilter.
    step6.jpg
    7. Once it's ready you will get dark brown/yellow tincture. If you don't freeze your weed and alcohol or you lose bad quality material it will be greenish from the chlorophyl.
    step7.jpg

8. Transfer your tincture into a metal pan. Evaporate the alcohol - I take a rice cooker, fill it with water and I put the metal pan with the tincture in it.
    step8.jpg
    9. Evaporate almost all of the alcohol - reduce it to 1/4 of the start volume.
    step9.jpg

10. Transfer your tincture to glass jar and put it back t evaporate the rest of the alcohol. Change the water in the rice cooker. The hot cooking water may break the glass jar... it happened once to me :(. Put a small peace of cloth on the surface of the rice cooker so the glass jar isn't touching directly the hot surface of the rice cooker to prevent the jar from breaking. I do this transfer so I use the same jar to blend and infuse in the oven. As you will infuse the MCT for 20mins at 220F you are sure every last bit of the alcohol will evaporate and your oil wont get alcohol taste.
    step10.jpg

11. Once everything is evaporate blend it with MCT oil and lecithin. I use 1:1 ratio - the same as @BrassNwood suggests. Of this 30 grams I got 5ML RSO and I blended it with 5ML MCT oil and 1/6 lecithin. Infuse for additional 20mins at 220F (105C) And you are ready to go!

75210312_1377020322467713_4571726325605203968_n.jpg

73390641_406172260076672_6670016539183284224_n.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Thanks a lot for all the info, I will use it when and if I can get high grade grain alcohol (95%+). Sadly, that is the issue I have as at least in the province I am in, it is hard to get. In stores they only sell 40% alcohol (sometimes you can find Jamaican Rum that is 75%) and I hear you actually have to write a letter to the government (our alcohol sales are controlled by the government) to be given permission to buy high-grade grain alcohol. Its funny that I live in a country where I can buy anything cannabis related at a touch of button, but certain alcohol is hard to get.

I do however live close to the US and could probably go over their and smuggle a bottle of Everclear back over.

13. There are also other solvents you can use, but I NEVER TRIED so I cant share opinion about it. I wont suggest isopropyl (ISO) as its poisonous/toxic. The ISO it self is not the problem but the toxins in it - after evaporating the ISO, the concentration of this toxins is higher. ISO solves lots of chlorophyl and pesticides... this oil will do more bad than good. I've never tried it, but I wil try it after month or two to use butane as solvent. Does someone of you have used butane for this? I am curious how it will work.

14. Yeah, I would not want to use ISO as I dont have lab grade equipment and the possibility of me poisoning myself or others is too great. Butane could work although Im still a little leery due to it being a explosion or fire hazard.

15. Used trim. Must make hashmaster next time. Lol.

Happy with what I got tho. How’s it look?

After I washed my bubble bag in cold water only.

Dry ice hash, no water was used during this creation. Looks like Kief.

Only had this size jar.

Thank you for the idea to make the dry ice hash[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. How potent is this stuff? I've seen some home made dry ice hash here, but they were too greenish because there was lots of plant material - so the potency was very low. I grow only one plant at a time and this is not enough to make hash, so I use it to make RSO out of it. I dont use the trim, only the buds. It depends but most of the time I get up to 15-20 ml of pure RSO. As i blend it with mct and lecithin (1:1 ratio) I can fill 8 small droppers (5ml) to the top and the 9th 1/4 full. 1 full dropper is enough for 2-3months if I use it 1time a day - 1 dose for me is 2-3 drops. It sends me hard into space. 4 drops will make me feel like shit.

17. #897 Patricia Clemons, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Wow interesting I may look that up!

Will it stay powder? Or become chunked? That may require a press of sorts?

I don’t know the potency of this as I haven’t smoked. The corporation I work for is toxic and cancerous to this world and is giving me a marijuana test when I come back from paternity leave.

I really didn’t go crazy on the shaking, but used 160micron. Maybe I’ll try a different bag size some day. I have bought a set of them. Like 5 bags from 25micron-220. For 30 bucks.

Kit was almost same price as 1 bag. Facepalm

• Like Like x 1
  18. Try taking a papaya digestive tablet or two with your caps.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wow that is a blast from the past. We all thought you'd been abducted by aliens for some "Probing"
    LMAO. LTNS.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. I am a bit behind on this thread so this may have already been suggested to you.

I think you would be best served by not filling all the caps at once. Take a certain number of drops in the capsule until you are satisfied with the dose. Then fill the remaining caps with the appropriate dose for you.

I seldom make my capsules in advance. I make Dragon Oil (as per @PsychedelicSam ) and I add the appropriate number of drops each time I make a capsule.

Even if you don't like the idea of making each capsule as needed you should really consider that not every batch of hash or flowers made into oil will be of equal strength and therefore each batch should be sampled before being made into capsules. Many situations may require a larger than normal dose. However, If I was to take double my "regular" dose it would knock me out for much of a day.

• Like Like x 2