Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. #341 cunegonde, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Hey @BrassNwood , if you're around tonight I've got a question.
    I'm trying a mini run of this tonight, but with 2 grams of a hybrid strain I like instead of hash. I don't mind if it's not as strong. I've got 2 grams decarbing, and some liquid coconut oil. I definitely want to grind the herb down to powder because my GI issues are bad and I don't want the herb to irritate anything. I don't have a grinder - what will happen if I toss it in a mini food processor? Would it maybe work better if I put the oil and the decarbed herb into the food processor together, and then transferred that mixture to another container for the heating and freezing? Is there a way to do it without wrecking the food processor?

• Like Like x 1
  2. It didn't wreck my food processor but it also didn't really grind it to a powder. I added the oil after. I've done a heat cycle but I'm going to have to strain the bigger bits out or it will bother my stomach too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mortar and pestle to grind? Some have used a spoon and shallow dish to do similar pulverizing. After the decarb the material should be brittle and with some elbow grease you can git er dun.

Food processor or coffee grinders aren't going to likely cut it. Especially with such a small amount in there :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'll try a spoon next time. It's possible my decarb isn't quite complete. I don't have an oven so I use a double boiler, I'm just perfecting the temp/time. I'm getting closer. I'll give the oil a try tomorrow night, I'm hoping it's still useable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I (like brassnwood) use a dedicated "hash" toaster oven haha, it works great and was free from my mother in law as she's always buying new kitchen shit. The oven thermometer is crucial however!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I just tried two drops under my tongue and I'm already impressed. It's more potent than the alcohol tinctures I used to make, and coconut oil is way cheaper and easy to get than high proof alcohol. I'll definitely practice this and do it again.

7. Good morning! I glanced around but maybe I'm just blind.

I made the THC oil caps using local dispensary shake as opposed to kief as kief isn't available to me, as I'm a new medical patient and haven't had a chance to cultivate and dispensary shake is cheap and good bang for your buck I feel.

But to the point, I made some of these using 1/2 oz shake and 3.5 tbs coconut oil and what not about a month ago (mainly to test this before using more herb). My first experiences were great, they were really strong for me. However, lately I've noticed that its taking significantly more for me to feel the effects and I chalked it up to my tolerance going up quickly.
    Well last week I gave a friend one of my capsules, told him these were an experiment so they might not be very strong. He medicates very rarely so I figured my trial cap with minimal oil would be safe so he didn't over medicate. Well the next day he tells me he didn't feel much so I give him 2 of my trial caps and find out that those didn't really effect him either. Now I know for me 2 kicked my butt, so he should've felt these at least.

What i'm wondering now is maybe my tolerance hasn't quite rose as dramatically as i thought, maybe these are hitting their life expectancy??
    What is the life expectancy/shelf life for these? I keep some in the fridge, and my stronger dosed caps in the freezer thinking they would last longer in there. Am I doing something wrong or is a month too long to have these? Please let me know, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. @BakedApple

Shelf life even at room temps is a year or more with no real loss of strength.
    As for individual effects per dose that is a normal enough response.
    For example my wife needs 2-5 mg for a good ride. I need 100-150 mg for the same ride. I wouldn't even detect less then 50mg.
    Yes your tolerance goes up with edibles just as it does with toking every day does. Wait a few days before the next edible and you'll see it's just as wicked as it was the first time.

Having a bit to smoke after the edible kicks in can boost the high dramatically for about 45 minutes so that's a good way to bring a low dose edible up and in your face.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you for the quick response. Yeah idk, thought it was weird, maybe they are just unfortunate to have a high tolerance right off. I am glad to hear these aren't bad though, was worried if they were only lasting a month. I plan to bulk out the recipe for this next go, as the smell from decarbing sucks. Wife always getting pissy with me for it, haha.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. My wife chased me out of the house with all my Cannabis cooking so it's the outside patio and a used toaster oven that gets it all done now. She will let me cap the finished oil inside as the empty capsules blow away with any breeze but she still bitches about the smell. LMAO :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hahahahahaha I'm sorry I find this so funny but I picture this is a future conversation my gf will have with me

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. That old toaster oven has processed more weed and hash then I can keep track of.
    It and my Stainless Steel Cat food dishes I make the oil in are my most prized possessions. LMAO
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. Literally Laughed Until I was out of breath I feel the same way about my stainless steel cat dish my mug warmer and my eye dropper brass I started adding 50 mg of CBD to the capsules it's amazing I feel like I get a little less High feeling but it kills any anxiety helps a bunch with aches and pains I just thought I'd mention it in case you haven't tried them this way, I process the CBD the exact same way using the exact same ratios as you do the hash oil and it turns out that like 7 drops is 54 mg CBD I found CBD distillate on eBay very cheap well under $20 a gram if you haven't and you get the chance I would try it I think it could really help with your pain you may need more CBD than I do I don't know bud

• Like Like x 1
  14. juju.
    Early on at this I grew out a harlequin and an ACDC high CBD plants but found that CBD doesn't help me at all. In fact it tends to block the pain killing effects I get from the high THC caps I make.
    We all react differently to Cannabis and our individual pains and mega doses of THC is what works best for me.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. For sure I just hadn't known if you tried it.... I may have asked you before, if so sorry memories not the best these days

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Hey guys, greetz from Europe. I will share my experience today using this recipe, as I experiment with it already for 2 weeks! It works pretty well, although I have some questions about it and I hope you guys can help me out.
    As I don't have access to big quantity's of weed/trim/shake (or at least not enough to produce enough hash/kief) I tend to use old school morrocan hash which is pretty damn cheap and the quality... it depends on the source and the price, but there is some really potent stuff. I will submit photo's later today. I tried with 2 different types - one with the cheapest "soapbar" (it isn't soapbar, but the hash isn't that potent compared to the other types) and the best stuff which I was able to get. As the american market and the european differs a lot I will explain further - 0.5gram of the cheap hash will give me a pretty nice high... very uplifting and energetic - kind of sativa high but not that intense. The potent stuff... 0.3 in a joint will couch lock me and I will smoke it in 2 rounds, making a break of 1 hour at the half of the joint.
    So... straight to the questions - as you may already know, traditional morrocan hash is made way more "primitive" compared to the nowadays equipment and techniques of making hash, the morrocan growers harvest the plants and they let them dry for a long period of time in a cold,dark room. After couple of months, when the herb is very dry and the weather is cold (cold weather helps to break down your resin easily... same as the dry ice method) they start making the hash. From all the harvest (pretty damn much....) they produce only the purchased amounts, leaving the rest of the herb untouched, letting it to stay in the same room to dry further. As the time pass by... decarboxylation occur naturally, right? So is the decarboxylation time needed less than the 40 minutes you suggest? I am asking that, because when I try to decarboxilate for 40 minutes, the caps I make are very weak... almost not working at all. I decarboxilated my last hash yesterday for 10/15minutes and after trying one cap... I am afraid to take a second one haha! It works very good, and this is the result using the cheaphash.... I used 4,5 gram of it and I made 12 caps size 00, from 1 cap you will get pretty fucked up... taking 2 will make you go to sleep after 1 hour. You will have a good sleep for 3-4 hours and it will be very hard to wake you up... so be careful if you need to stand up on time!

So... if anyone can explain it further or share it's experience... I will appreciate it very much! Did anyone of you also used morrocan hash (dry sifter, old school hash)? I see the most of you use their own produced bubble hash from fresh trim/flowers, so is it right that your hash will need more decarboxilation than the old school morrocan hash? Can 10/15mins at temp of 220 be enough (my results are definitely good using this temp and time)? I use only aluminium foil, grind my hash to little chunks (not powder), wrapping it in the foil and place it in the oven, nothing wrong using only the foil I guess? Can you judge only by looking or the hash is decarboxilated or it is overcooked? When I tried to decarboxilate the good hash for 40 minutes, I opened up the foil and the hash was almost like melting inside, hard to take it out of the foil and it lefted some oil behind... so I think I overcooked that one... the temp was good - I have thermometer on the outside of the oven and one more on the inside. Were the 40 minutes too much for this hash or is there anything else you may suggest?

17. #357 BrassNwood, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    My Kief-Hash is done from 60 days cured buds. Smashed with dry ice for a 60 second run in the hashmaster 5000. A one gallon Paint can and a sawzall.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    [​IMG]
    A full 40 minutes at 240 F (115 C) is what I've found works best to decarb my material. This is a combination of my own testing and Psam's work as he has lab testing access.

I'm familiar with much of the hash sold in Europe in the early 70s and I doubt it's changed much since then.
    [​IMG]

Something like the tiny Stainless steel cat food dish I use will let you decarb and cook in the same dish and limit the losses incurred decarbing in foil.
    Experiment with different decarb times if you think the original material is old and partly natural decarbed to start with.

I've changed to a pure edible oil style of taking 95% of my cannabis and experimented with various decarb and processing times until I found the sweet spot for both my decarb and cooking times.
    The few people I supply with either hash or RSO caps I make usually complain they are to speedy and they are awake with brains spinning for 4-6 hours before they can get to sleep.

For a sleeper grade oil I have to add several additional heat and freezes to knock some of the THC down to CBN.

I hope that answers some of your questions. If not ask further as I'm here to help.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thank you. One last question before I start. Your hash looks greeny, but the one I have is golden brown... so how should I know if the hash is properly decarboxed?

I will start after one hour and will make photos of it to show you the whole process.

19. Mine is mostly golden-tan in color like so.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Goes to a darker brown after decarb. Here is after adding to Coconut oil before the processing.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  20. #360 rpangelov, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Sooo, it's me again! I made a new cook yesterday and I've tested the products, so I will share my opinion.
    First of all... as I see the most of you are living in America, I am from Europe - the Netherlands. As I am not grower and I don't have large quantities trim/shake in house, I am just buying the hash from the local coffeeshop. As I mentioned above, the hash I use is old school, dry sieved, Moroccan hash. It differs a little bit compared to your bubble hash for example, but the technique is the same.
    Anyway... here I will provide some photos of how mine cook went by.

Here are some photos of the hash I use for the cook.
    IMG_20181111_155517.jpg
    IMG_20181111_155559.jpg
    IMG_20181111_155633.jpg
    So as you can see... the color of this hash looks like your hash after the decarboxing... haha!

1. So... I took 2 shot glasses - in each 2.5 gram of the hash.
    IMG_20181111_192355.jpg
    2. I decided to decarbox for 30 minutes without preheating the oven.
    IMG_20181111_192618.jpg
    3. I didn't changed the temperature. I took the shots out, in eacht of them 1,25 tsp coconut oil and a couple of drops of lecithin.
    IMG_20181111_195722.jpg
    4. After 20 minutes of additional cooking, I waited 20-30minutes until the shots were cooled off.
    IMG_20181111_203037.jpg

5. Gently filled the capsules and froze it in the freezer over night.
    IMG_20181111_211904.jpg

The capsules are pretty potent. 1 will give me mellow high and 2 of them will couch-lock me for couple of hours. I will continue playing with the decarbing time... I think I don't make it 100% correct... couple of weeks I made a cook with the same hash... and the caps were way more potent... so I think proper decarbing is my issue. Any advice of you guys is appreciated! Excuse me for the mistakes.... English is not my first language.

PS: A big thank you for the recipe and all the support guys, and especially BNW! Very nice to be part of such a community!

And just out of curriosity... if I change the hash (just different strain), will the effects be different?
    And before doing something what you maybe already have tried... will it work if I put the not decarboxilated hash, with the melted coconut oil + lecythin in double boiler and let it stay for... 2 hours ? I guess the decarboxilation won't be an issue anymore.... right?