Halloween costume causes controversy?

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Oct 17, 2009.

1. #1 cheebaa, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
    Hey City,

So I was just reading an article about a group in California who are outraged by an illegal alien costume that is being sold....

Here is the costume:
    [​IMG]

Now- I do not think this is offensive to any particular group, just a dig on illegal immigration. I think people just like to make issues and problems, when there really isn't one.

Where is the outrage for costumes based on Jesus, or a priest/nun... What about people who dress up as gynocologists/proctologists... Or the people who dress up like rednecks or strippers....

Almost all halloween costumes play on stereotypes, do they not?

Who is responsible for saying- this is acceptable, this is not.....

Maybe it would make more sense to be outraged/upset at the people who buy the costume instead of the people making/selling it....

2. I don't see it as unacceptable, at all. I was actually going to go as exactly this a few years ago

People always just have to have something to complain about. Nevermind the fact that you can of any ethnicity and be considered an illegal alien.

3. The only people I could see complaining are the people who are actually here illegally. They have no voice in my Halloween costume design!

4. WTF people can be so sensitive sometimes they need to chill the fuck out everyone wants to live in a free country yet we all walk on egg shells

5. last year i had read an article online about why santa should change his suit to green instead of red because of the coke campaign that uses santa, an that red and white are "their" colors...some people got together and thought it was this whole big subliminal message thing...yeah
    also that he cant say "ho ho ho" ne more, a woman in from australia was offended by this while walking through a mall one day...
    yeah, some people are just waaayyyy too sensitive about things...

6. Exactly. Just look at all the temper tantrums Tropic Thunder caused. Those morons actually tried to boycott the movie just because they said "retard" a few times. Big fucking deal. Some people just like to scream and cry as hard and loud as they can if they think it will get them some media attention.

7. Lol,I think its great.

No matter what you do some group of some kind isnt gonna like it and they'll try to make a big deal about it,I say fuck em,quit being such thin skinned dipshits.

8. this is far from controversial, if they came into our country like normal people, they wouldnt have this problem.. or this costume. but they fuck up, come to our country illegally, and then complain about our costumes? wtf. pay taxes, and support our communities like all of us do, then you can complain.

if it was some dirty ass clothes, and a sombrero i would understand it, but this is nothing. go watch a couple shows of south park, and then come back and say this is bad/

9. south park is the shit though. IT makes it all funny:D

10. It should look more like this -->

[​IMG]

11. If that's offensive maybe I should rethink my gay Hitler costume.

12. i don't care about that, but then again i don't get easily offended. i'm a LEGAL immigrant now a u.s. citizen. i don't like the word alien though. Like i hate when people refer to me as an alien. Motherfucker, i'm from another country not another planet. But other than that i think its a fine costume. I'd personally throw on some fake mustache, some overalls and a lawnmower. But then all the mexicans, would get offended. Fuck em, call INS.

13. spring time for hitler and germany!

14. Valid argument OP

15. In an upper class neighborhood, that costume wouldn't scare anyone....

*ding dong!*

"Trick-or-treat!"

"What are you doing?! Go mow the grass!"