Half way through one year smoking break.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wastedpotential, Feb 18, 2014.

1. #1 Wastedpotential, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    So, roughly six months ago I got my first serious marijuana related charges, and since I'm relatively young, and these were my first serious charges, I got the option to join a year long diversion program. I took this choice because it meant staying out of jail.
    Part of this program includes weekly meetings, monthly court meetings, and twice a week drug tests. The program also takes care of all charges obtained while in the program, (all I got was one week of alcohol classes for getting public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges!) and it also drops the charges that caused me to enter the program.
    Before then, I had been smoking AT THE LEAST 5 days a week, with no more than three days In a row sober for 3 years. Quitting smoking wasn't all too hard, but of course I got the decreased appetite and difficulty sleeping side effects from it. My anxiety levels have also increased greatly. My concentration in my GED classes is amazing, unlike how it used it used to be, but new ADHD medicines may be the cause of that. I still have strong urges to smoke, especially when I roll my mom's or boyfriend's weed, but it isn't anything I can't fight.
    What I wanna know is, 6 more months down the road, am I still going to enjoy smoking as much as I used to? What's the first high going to be like? I stopped for a month before due to probation and the first time I smoked, I got so high I cried because I swore I could see my mom aging rapidly in front of me.
    Am I going to want to smoke as often as I used to?
    Anyone else ever had to quit smoking for probation/legal reasons? Share stories!

2. Not quite the same situation as you man, but I haven't smoked since Sept. 2013. Been almost 6 months. This is not the first time I've taken a long break, nor will it likely be the last.

I've been a smoker since 1992. So, I've smoked a lot, and for very long stretches of time. Usually I find when I take long breaks, it's enjoyable again when I get back to tokin.

3. The longest break I ever took was two months for legal reasons and taking drug classes. But as soon as I started smoking again I went back to my old habits of daily smoking. Your system may be clean but as soon as you start smoking again you'll remember why you smoked regularly in the first place. Its up to you to decide from there

4. Ive been on a smoke break since about november, i have no charges however i just found i was spending too much money on weed and my tolerance was so fucking high and i just wasnt enjoying it, became more of a habit then anything else. Once elder scrolls online comes out (lol...) im going to start smoking consistently again, it will be great. I have smoked on and off but never consistently, shits been pretty rough but meh

5. You'll either fall in love with Mary all over again, or you'll find that she's lost her charm in her absence. My stepfather quit smoking for two and a half years for job reasons, and when he tried to pick it up again, he found that he just couldn't enjoy Mary like he used to. He quit again, and hasn't gone back.

Six months is still a pretty long time. My advice to you would be to put Mary out of your mind altogether until then. In fact, you should probably get off GC!

6. I havent smoked in close to a year due to legal reasons, and over that year I've done a lot and realized I want to take a different direction in life.

I use to smoke all day 7 days a week.

Sent from my HTC One

7. My hubby was a daily smoker when I was paying for brick weed in Iowa. He refuses to touch the stuff I get from my grower in Oregon. Says its too strong. Which is ok. The stuff in Iowa did nothing for me.

We both took a year long break when we planed our move back to Oregon. And when we moved back, I fell in love, and he ran away. From the weed.

If your that worried you'll have a bad reaction you will. Maybe get some regs, or mids instead to ease into it. You'll be ripped either way.
    :smoke:

Blurring the lines between what is Unreal and real.