Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Half Life" Of Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by endosmoke, Aug 11, 2009.

1. How long does weed last if your not smoking it...I'm sure it loses potency after time but whats the longest it can chill in a airtight glass jar before its wasted.

2. I've heard figures in the 6 month range.

3. if it is dired & cured properly than it could sit in a airtight jar (optimally out of the light) for a loooong ass time... months & months, maybe even a year+ i'd assume.
    Someone else can weigh in on this.

4. i've got some homegrown bud that's over two years old, and it's as good as the day it was harvested. i keep it in a mason jar, vacuum sealed, wrapped in aluminum foil and put in the fridge. by far the best way to keep your weed long term if necessary.

5. Well, I hate chemistry but the half life of weed is prolly a long ass time.

6. Ha well I don't think it has a "half life" seeings its not really an element, but thats just the figure of speech I used. But I'm planning on buying a rather large amount (for me) to save money. But I don't smoke enough to blaze it all up in a week like some of you might so it might be chillen in the jar for awhile.

7. Come with me Dr. Freeman

8. Half lifes can refer to more than just elemental substances, so your use of the term is perfectly justified and in exactly the context it was meant to be used. The reason why it sounds weird is because this forum (and the cannabis culture in general) is, unfortunately, not famous for its scientific accuracy and use of scientific terminology. Instead, we just ask "How long does weed last?" to to get the same answer. :smoke: