Half Life Movie Escape From City 17

Discussion in 'General' started by Anony, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Word mang.

2. Ever get into the mods? CS, TFC, DOD, Firearms, S&I, AHL.. I remember a Revolutionary War mod even. It was awesome, lots of melee and well made.

3. I am the biggest half life player youll ever meet. Been playing just 7 days after it was released, made over 2k in winner bonuses in chicago/st. louis compititions and had ATI sponder my video card for a couple years, ive played them all, but nothing tickles my balls like the original.
    Hence my profile on GC.

4. Never beated half-life. I still do have orange box.

sigh* I think I need go back and play some more but I'm at the sand where you have to pick up the peices and walk over it. I keep screwing it up. :/ Trying get that achv.

Yes, I'm a achv. whore.

5. Lol word, its not for everyone but its a fun thing to achieve.

6. I still don't understand the storyline.

Aliens came and took over, and this guy escape from city 17 and now on adventure to somehwhere. :confused_2:

the question is where the floods came from and how the aliens took over.

7. #27 Anony, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    Floods is from halo.

The story line is omg.... you can google it but I will try to explain,
    A scientist by the name of Gordon Freeman (my avatar) works at an underground science establishment called "black mesa" under the mesa desert.
    The scientists goal is to travel through other dimensions however there is a "gman" featured in my signature, who are kind of like "men in black" who monitor travel within planet to planet only "gmen" monitor travel within galaxy to galaxy meaning "galaxy men"
    Gman having observed gordon and the scientists discovery, tries to use gordon (the only survivor) to be his pawn, and save earth, the human race, even at his own costs.
    Gordon is caught up in not only saving his own life, but the life of a fellow scientists daughter named alex.
    This is where the plot thickens, and I ask you to play it to understand it in its entirety.

8. well yeah but whatever its called, you get the point. Their zombies/flood like.

and how RE copied from HL?

they are totally different.

9. Well your asking a lifer to compare to another, heh.

RE?
    Its a matter of reading or playing half life 1 story mode, and at least half life 2 story mode to understand its complexity is amazing, yet understandable to the novice who can be entertained by great graphics and a good story line.

10. I remember playing Half Life when it first came out... I had this bootleg copy given to me and I played it so much that the disc almost disintegrated. Counter Strike and Team Fortress extending it out for another 3 or so years.

Then of course you have Half Life 2... Oh my god I could go on forever about that game. I spent $1500 on a new computer for the sole purpose of being able to play that game. If Alyx was real, I would definitely stalk her sweet sculpted ass till the day I die.

11. Word, you have no idea, my honor in the game makes others laugh.

12. #32 Anony, Feb 17, 2009
    This might help, but is only 1/5the the story. This video doesnt do it justice unless youve played.

I challenge anyone to provide me with the graphics/gameplay comparable.
    People are still buying computers brand new these days that cant handle Half life graphics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHehSZ80xtE"]YouTube - Half-life full story[/ame]

13. Nv. I missed read on first page. RE= resident evil

Well what is it called. the zombie/flood like.

14. I think RE and Half Life share a few similar concepts but that is about it... They are two completely different games and I still don't think there is a game out there that can rival the sheer atmosphere of RE1 on the PS1... Holy fuck that game gave me nightmares for WEEKS because the noise the zombies make when feeding on flesh is the EXACT same noise my old cat used to make when cleaning himself.

Now imagine waking up to that noise in the pitch black of your room... it's enough to make any little kid shit his pants.

15. Anony, you said it was a book. How is it? Id fuckin love to play HL right meow but i am consoleless and my comp is worthless. I wouldnt mind delving into a scifi novel. I read the Halo novels and they were surprisingly entertaining.

16. #36 Chaohinon, Feb 17, 2009
    I suggest you guys check out STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, if you're fans of Half Life. It has a similar atmosphere and storyline, but with a free-roaming adventure edge that makes the gameplay absolutely breathtaking.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqiF0vBMgI"]YouTube - STALKER Oblivion Lost: Pripyat Blowout and Firefight[/ame]

17. #37 Anony, Feb 17, 2009
  18. I was googling half life books but they all based on the game. I thought you/anony said that the book came out before the game series came.

19. I am fairly sure it did, but never backed it up, I will have to take a gander, atm, i cannot type well as I sliced my pinky finger on my outlet in my bathroom turning on the light and think I need stitches? Never, duct taping a paper towel around it, damn did the rubbing alcohol sting.

20. LMAO

maybe I need to search more.