half life 2 (im stuck!) <fail>

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by holysmokes, Nov 24, 2008.

1. i feel like an absolute bitch 4 even posting this. sigh.

:bongin:

cough!
    so, ive beat every game on the orange box except 4 team fortress 2 and half life 2.i am commited 2 not level skipping or using any other cheats. i am in ravenholm, and i cant get out. im in the part after you get the shotgun, were u hafta kinda come through an alley way right after a load screen. theres a seemingly endless supply of zombies, (i recently found out there is indeed an end) and at least 2 of those fucking poisonus zombie head crab things. there is one of those blades-on-a-motor things, and if u shock it enough with the grav gun, the blade falls off. if u look overhead there is a platform on a wire that looks as though it would connect 2 roof tops. ive gotten on the roof, and i can see where i think im supposed 2 be, but i cant get this platform 2 move (2 get to the other rooftop). im almost certain its supposaed to move, cuz if u try 2 hit it with the grav gun, it actually does shock it. anyway, im sure its somthing obvious, and any help would be apprciated.

2. IIRC, there's a moving platform thingy you have to turn on.

It's been a long time since I've played HL2.

Ravenholm is one of the best parts.

Look around for like a big bucket thing that you're supposed to turn on and use to get to a location.

Or try explaining shit better.

3. shoot everyone else

4. well yeah, i know im supposed 2 turn the platform on. but i cant find out hoaw 2 turn it on.

5. I know this part.

If you keep fucking around on the ground you will just keep getting respawns.

What you need to do is climb up to the building where that moving platform is and turn the lever, this will send the platform down on its wire to the top of the rooftops in the back right corner.

What you then need to do to get away from the respawns, is to take that alleyway all the way to the far left where that zombie is hiding with all the blackheadcrabs on him... You then hop up on the boxed and onto the rooftop path that will lead you to the cart.

Turning on the lever for the platform is just a matter of climbing up a stair case of the building that the platform is dangling at... if I remember correctly.

6. dude, im gonna smoke a bowl in ur honor. thank u thank u.

7. all i remember about ravenholm is you gotta travel on the roofs :smoking:

8. I remember Ravenholm scared the shit out of me when I first played HL2 on my PC... The whole ominous thing from Alyx about "We don't go to Ravenholm"... You're just like "Bitch, I know you are going to send my ass to that place come next mission, so why don't you just shut your mouth"

9. ^^ Oh I know that pissed me off too! I mean sheesh she didn't seem to use common sense, "Go through Ravenholm," yeah that's a great idea lol. It was a real good level though.

10. :hello:
    yeah sometimes i wish freeman could talk. u know to say something like, "fuck you, why dont u try it!" or "what do u mean ONE hunter could wreck the whole base!?!? i just killed FOUR on my way over here!" or perhaps, "well, thats all fine and dandy, except i DID step on their grubs, about 40 in fact, so we could see some sand lions here real soon. be prepared."

11. I actually got stuck at that part as well.

Foop was correct on how to get past it.

There was a part in the jail I was stuck at as well. The room with all the lasers. I cant remember what anything else about it hah.