Half-Life 2 - Best game ever?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Saul Goodman, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Especially stoned.

Discuss.

2. You cant get better than HL2... Best game ever made. I wonder when the next one is coming out. Has there been any news on it?

3. #3 Agalloch, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    Half Life 2 was alright. Pretty simple as far as FPS games go, but the physics were what made it great.

To be honest I liked the first Half Life and Opposing Force better than HL2.

Blue Shift was alright as well, but not as good as the other two.

I also played a mod called USS Darkstar or something like that, it was also pretty damned good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Darkstar

Oh and can't forget They Hunger.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Hunger

4. Don't think so. But it should be out within the next decade. Haha.

5. I played HL2 for the first time on The Orange Box. Greatest game of all time. But this should be in the "Gamer's Heartbeat" section.

6. It's possible. :smoking:

7. Very true. I don't know how to move it.
    Would somebody like to assist me in moving this over to the Gamer's Heartbeat section?

I played it in the orange box also, loved every minute of it. Still playing through it actually.
    For a game that is 5 or so years old, it can hold its ground. Great graphics for the time (and now even), awesome combat scenarios, and award winning physics brings it to the top of my gaming list.

8. it very well might be, but Tf2 is still amazing.

and dont you DARE discredit the first half life, it changed how i viewed games.

9. Well yeah. I mean, how can you discredit Half-Life 1? There would be know Half-Life 2 without it.

And TF2 is fantastic as well. And Left 4 Dead is amazing. I think everything from valve is pretty much gold.

10. I think the story for the original Half Life was a lot better than how it ended up in HL2.

11. Definitely. <3 steam games in general.

12. Half-life 2 is one of my favorite FPS's of all time.

I absolutely love running around high as shit in Nova Prospekt, shooting people up and sic'ing antlions on them.

13. For real HL2 makes all other games look like shit. But, who else thinks that HL2 episode 1 and 2 should have been combined with the third installment to make a killer version of HL3? Although it would have been a huge (i mean HUGE) wait for fans, and valve was probably scared that waiting that long, (like 10 fuckin years) was long enough for fans to stop caring and move on. Either way, I can't wait for the new installement if it EVER gets here.

14. I agree I think they should have saved the episodes and put them in HL3

Oh it will get here. And when it does, I will be smoking so much weed, and playing so much of it. They just love to take their sweet ass time.

15. I don't mind the episodic idea but it seems like they're taking their sweet time with episode 3.

16. Half Life 2 rocks. I remember the first time killing a combine soldier and hearing their heartbeat sensor flatline..... AWESOME

17. Yeah no shit, right?

18. I think it's because it will be that awesome.
    As for HL2, I would say Half-Life 1 and 2 and the Episodes are just beyond comparison. Especially with HL1, it changed the way games were played.

19. Hardly.

SMB3, Deus Ex, these are revolutionary titles fitting of something like "Best game ever."

I uninstalled HL2 after an hour or two and reinstalled Unreal. It's just another FPS.

20. ha ha... I love playing with the closed captions on. *death*

I can't wait for HL2 Ep3. It looks like we'll see some of Aperture Laboratories, which will be sweet while we wait for Portal 2.

I wish I could mash up HL2 and Halo 3 to play multiplayer. Blasting the Covenent with a gravity gun would be awesome