Half Harvest? Continual Growth?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ThurgoodJenkinz, Feb 14, 2015.

1. I've read topics of this subject before, but I haven't done much personal experimentation with the subject.  The Idea is to harvest the canopy and allow the rest of the plant to grow.  I do understand that doing this will shock the plant, but from personal experience, this will not kill the plant.  On one occasion I harvest the canopy and left the remaining buds (in hopes of seeing some noticeable growth), but I required the space and was only able to push the plants for another 1.5 weeks, and I did not notice any significant growth.  

I guess my question is.. has anyone had any luck with continuing to grow the plant for any period of time after harvesting the canopy?  I'm guessing the shock of cropping so much of the plant will discourage growth for at least 1-2 weeks.  I can push the plant for another 4 weeks without having to remove it, and really I do not see any downside to doing so.  If I do try this method, I will be sure to document the process and provide results for the community.

Thank You, any links to personal or otherwise publicly documented experiments pertaining to this subject would be much appreciated.

Growing and Strain info:
    I would also like to add the strain is G13 Pineapple Express #2, which is original PE combined with (big bud X skunk) strain. Sativa dominant.  This would be growing in a DWC setup with a minimum of 1000w HPS for flowering.

2. If you have some buds ripen before others you can chop the ripest ones first and gain a little in yield.

Letting them go too long doesn't help the quality though. If you have more plants to move in or start, the extra time to try to stretch a few more grams will just delay getting the next batch going.