Hakko 454

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dougland, Nov 2, 2009.

1. I just got one, shit is pretty sweet. It's definitely something worth purchasing. Anyways, wondering if there's anything special (care wise) to do with it (mainly the ceramic heating element) i've just been gently wiping it down after i use it and it cools, anything else? Just want to make it last as long as possible. thanks

2. is this the one you bought? Just wondering, I might go for it too if you say it's any good...
    FRYS.com | Hakko

3. just remember to unplug it after every use haha and be careful with the ceramic tip, if you drop it at a wrong angle it could break.. other than that tho you're all set.

4. Sounds good. It's hard to tell if the ceramic is wearing off or something or if it's just ash. are these pretty durable over time when being used like we use them? quick review: $42 shipped with 2nd day air, arrived in 2 days, it's awesome, easy to use and heats up in about 20 seconds or less. I'd buy it if you don't have it, fuck lighters. Bee line or Hakko for me, glow rod soon if i feel the need.

5. i havent had any problems since i bought mine, and never really heard much about people having troubles with their Hakko. they seem very reliable. and yea they heat up very fast haha

6. Awesome, thanks Mabud, and yes very fast.