Hairs turning brown early?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BurninBowls, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Hello, I have a few outdoor plants and my largest plant (thinking it's gonna give me about 5 ounces) the hairs are starting to turn brown on the tips, the plant has only been in flowering for 4 weeks and I don't think they should be turning brown yet? I think it could possibly be the hot sun? they sit in 100F degree direct sunlight outdoor, but then again they all do and it's the only plant with the stigmas turning brown. So can anyone help me out? :confused_2:

Thanks for your time I'll +rep

2. its natural...you have nothin to worry about

3. I have the same thing going on with my white widow. Everything looks fine, but the hairs are turning brown. I'm about 5 weeks into flower and was told that I might get an early finisher with the white widow. If it's done in 7 weeks(fast for a sativa I understand? It's my first grow.):hello::smoking:, I'm definitely keeping momma alive and get some cuttings!

4. Brown, red pistals etc have little to do in telling when a plant is fully ripended. It is just a natural phase MJ plants go through when well into flowering.
    When the trics turn mostly cloudy and are starting to turn amber the plant is within a few days to a week before fully ripended. The longer you wait it out the more kick ass the weed will be....So patience is key grasssopper....You need at least a 30-60 power microscope to tell.

White Widow takes 9-10 weeks to fully ripen no matter what anyone says unless, it is a cross with a strain that finishes early. Plants grown from seeds in this case can take on the pheno of either strain. Cloning an early finisher is the only way to assure that in future grows.

Just finished 4 WW at the end of week 9 with about 5% amber trics, 80-90% cloudy and was just too awesome but, another week would have been couch lock weed...:eek: