Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hair Follicle Drug Test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wk1990, Dec 4, 2010.

1. So about a month ago, I was smoking what I thought was purely tobacco (out of a hookah) when in fact my buddies had put hash in it also. They only told me this after the fact. That was the first and only time I have ever smoked, knowingly or not.

I just found out that I have a hair follicle drug test for an internship that I got. It will take place about 45 days after the incident. I don't know anything about this kind of thing. Am I screwed for this test? What is the likelihood that I will pass? Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

2. A standard hair follicle screen covers a period of approximately 90 days, but is susceptible to time variation depending on the growth rate of your hair. The hair sample is cut as close to the scalp as possible and the most recent 3.9cm (or 1.5 inches) are tested. It is possible to go back even further than 90 days since the time period is limited only by the length of the hair sample, but is standardized to a 90 day history.

Hair Follicle Drug Testing FAQ - Hair Testing Facts

3. More than likely screwed if you smoked within 45 days.