Haiku

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by headyhippie, May 4, 2008.

1. I started writing haikus in class the other day because they were funny and easy to write. then just a few minutes ago i was smoking and one just came to me... normally i smoke out of my bong (phx trinity) but i was in a bit of a time crunch so for the first time in many weeks i used my little bubbler. The bubblers bowl is just inches in front of my eyes as I hit it, and thats when the words came, i watched the flames light the magic herbs and as it cherried the smoke filled the glass. here is the haiku:

flames kiss the fine green,
    orange cocoon transforms to black,
    the white smoke fills me

flames kiss the fine green,
    orange cocoon transforms to black,
    the smoke changes me

I dont know which way I like better, some feedback would be cool. Everyone post your stoney hikus too and share them with the world.

-Hippie:hippie:

2. I'd say go with the one that came to you first. I've found usually with haiku it really is a crystallized moment, and they should stand as the words originally flowed.

I like it, dude.

3. Dude thats exactly what it is. I was trying to think of a way to explain it and that is just it. the haiku was just exactly what i was feeling in that moment put into words.