HaHaHa look at his "CO2 generator"

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by S.F. Sage, Feb 11, 2009.

1. hum, my thoughts are, "damn i wish i thought of selling that shit on ebay"
    good luck to the entrepreneur.
    you need to maintain 1200 to 1500 ppm during the light cycle. you can do all sorts of different shit to try and feed your girls co2 but if you dont reach a certain level and without meters and other expensive shit you just dont know what your level is. co2 done the right way can be costly 500 - 700 bucks maybe.
    i wouldnt buy that dudes creation on ebay. make your own and see if you can tell a difference. if its not to costly then go for it and see what happens.
    im wrecked please forgive me...........:smoking:

2. I've read that these yeast/sugar types of co2 generators can produce up to 900ppm. I think in a small grow box you might notice some effect, especially during veg cycles with lights on 24 hours. During 12/12, you would be wasting half of whatever is produced. Still, 1500ppm is optimum, and there is no way to really get that much from this system.

For 25 bucks, it might be worth a shot for some of the "stealth" cab grows.

3. You could get 900PPM if you put it in a fish tank and never vented it. I measured the PPMs with two gallons. I got 100PPM over normal for three days. Then it went back to normal and started to smell weird.

4. i love how the seller tries to hide the "secret microbe" packet from view....

cant let anyone know he's using saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast). hilarious

5. haha i personally like the ziploc bags.

6. ha so if you had like 2-4 of those bottles setup what do you think the result might be?

7. The results would be a lot less sugar in your house and a weird smell.

8. #9 LumperDawgz, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

This is a photo of an 'airlock' which costs about $1.00 - $2.00 and is used by home beer brewers. It allows the CO2 to escape the 5-gallon jug (or larger) in spurts (lack of a better word). It also will indicate when the carbohydrates in the brew have been completely consumed meaning that re-charging is required (for the purposes of creating CO2 - not for brewing beer).

What this individual has badly attempted to copy are a set of experiments done in the late 1970's at UW-Pullman's agriculture but it wasn't sugar that was being used nor was it baker's yeast or brewer's yeast in that series.

The yeasts that were used in the experiment were what are known as natural yeasts. Bakers refer to them as wild yeasts. Consumers refer to them as 'sourdough' and these yeasts produce lacto bacillus. Their growth can be somewhat controlled by the food used.

In the original experiments it was cheap livestock molasses that was used which contain a very complex set of raw sugars as well as minerals, auxins, etc. When inoculated with the lacto bacillus the yeasts begin to grow and reproduce and do their thing.

Other branches of the experiments included the introduction of malt sugars, using the spent rice hulls which are used to filter the brew at various stages of the cycle, using the pre-made worts found at home brewing shops, etc.

$25.00 eh? For that amount I could 'almost' reduplicate the original experiments in my greenhouse! LOL

Wee!

9. I have been a homebrewer for years, and I put my ales in my grow rooms. A couple of 5 gallon fermenters bubbling away can generate plenty of CO2. The trick is making sure the CO2 is getting to the plants; it's heavier than air so the beer either needs to be above the plants or one needs proper airflow to mix the CO2 with the grow room air. I used PVC pipes to 'route' the CO2 once. Right now the airflow keeps things circulating.

You're not going to get to 1500ppm with beer unless you have a ton, but 600-800 is easily achieveable.

10. I really wonder though if this guy gets any sales and rumple u are the man!!!:wave: