Had to put my cat down today :( :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ryan16626, May 5, 2009.

1. Well, I had to put my cat down today... I am pretty sad. My cat was 15 years old so it was time for her to go. She had a horrible tumor in between her eyes so today was it. My father and I have taken care of her for months and she finally lost her fight. She was the greatest cat ever. I am 18 now and the hardest part for me is the fact that my mom died when I was 5, and this was the last real thing that kept me together with my mom. This cat was the worlds best and I will never forget her.

So please smoke a bowl for my cat Mattie, she even smoked with me on several occasions!

R.I.P.

2. sorry to hear that. next time i smoke, i'll exhale the herb into the heavens in her honor..

3. awh. im sorry to hear. i know how you feel. i had to put my cat down too.
    animals are part of the family too...RIP Mattie

4. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, man.

It sucks to lose a pet, especially one you've had for the better part of your life... but at least she is at peace, now. My nana's cat, Kee Kee, who was one of the friendliest cats, also had the same predicament. I was so sad when she was put down.

Anyways man, chin up, bowl lit; you know your kitty is watching you from wherever she is, curled up by the fire, purring in pleasure.

5. I feel for you man. I actually started liking cats recently and idk why. My next bowl is for Mattie. Im sure shes trippin on catnip in heaven.

6. Man, I also recently lost my Siamese girl Carmella. :( I feel you bro. Cats are cool animals man.

7. That sucks man. I'm sorry for your loss. Next bowl I pack goes out to you and your cat.

8. Thanks everyone.... I really appreciate your comments. The vet said it would take about 30 seconds for her to go unconscience, and about 3 to 4 minutes for her heart to stop beating.. She completely died in about 15 seconds, because she was so sick. I feel that I did the right thing but it is still hard none the less.

9. :( :( :(

losing a pet sucks. ill smoke a bowl for your kitty.

10. I'm sorry man, pets are family, and companions until the end. Just remember that you'll see her again someday. Tomorrow I'll get high in her honor. Keep her in your heart, remember her, and she'll always be with you.

11. It's never easy to dismiss the death of our animal companions because they are animals, they are so much more than that. I know its hard to offer much words of comfort, but her suffering has ended, and I am sure she knows you loved her.

RIP Mattie, you will be missed but not forgotten.

Hang in there dude, I know its hard, but with time the pain of loss will lessen. She's still here, just in a different form. In your heart and memories.

12. Damn dude, I have had quite a few pets in my time and losing them is as bad as losing any human that you know. Sorry for your loss.

13. had to put mine down a few years ago =( this cat was super smart she loved ganja as much as me siriously for real tourtouise shell breed

14. I wasn't going to smoke tonight, but I have a cat too (13 years old). and I'll have to go through the same pain you're going through, it's like losing a family member. so this next bowl is in your cats honor.

15. I never really had the best home life, and so my grandparents dog was my only real friend as a small kid, so I know what it means to really hold a certain affection for a pet. sorry man.

Just make sure to bury her somewhere pretty i guess, there isn't much more a cat could ask for than a nice sunny spot in the lawn to take a nap in, eh?

16. My condolences. My next bowl will be for your lost pet/friend.

17. Yeah, my cat's been around me since I was about two (or just under two), so she's getting on now (I'm eighteen) and losing her will be tough because she's a childhood friend (even if she is a senile old lady now :laughing:). When I get back from work tonight I'll smoke a bowl for your loss.

18. Dude that sucks so bad..If Mattie comes to my mind in like 30 mins i'll be thinking of her while im smokin' a couple bowls..if not your cats in my mind now..The worst part is...you've pretty much known this cat all your life and now shes gone :[ Ive got a cat like that right now, her names Whitey, and she follows me around the house all day long, comes downstairs for smoke sessions and everything...I don't want to think of the day when she won't be there..

RIP

19. i already dedicated a bowl to de los muertes and st hedalgo. but i think im going to smoke a bowl for the cat. may the spirit of your cat AND your mother live on. basing your attatchment tosomebody through a physical entity is bound to be seperated. remember the memories you have of your cat, and remember your mom along with it.

20. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    At least shes in a better place now.