Had to execute an emergency harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by green18, Jan 8, 2009.

1. #1 green18, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    Hey there,

Im a fist time grower and due to some unfortunate circumstances I woke up for another regular day and then received news that forced me to chop my bushes today (6 weeks into flower). Just wondering if I should concern myself with the fact that I wasnt able to stops ferts two weeks prior as suggested?

Thanks

Edit: Strain: Northern Brights - Mostly Sativa

2. well technically in George cervantes' grow book he states that if there isnt nute burn and whatnot its alright. just make sure you cure it so the nutes can be broken down!! but in my own opinion i think its better to have flushed them two weeks before. im sure youll be alright with what youve got though.

3. Alright thanks a really appreciate the advice, and the hope lol. This was my first grow and started back and oct and some stupid bs had to happen, both sad and pissed.

4. how was your harvest? What was the turnout? Indoor outdoor?

5. Dont even worry man, my first grow was hectic, nute-burn,caterpillars, spidermites, bud rot. but i got like an ounce of smokable herb from it!! nextime will be awwesome for me and for you! practice makes perfect.

6. #6 green18, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
    I dont have a scale but some of the buds look pretty good. At least the tops were beginning to turn amber. Just sucks to have done everything right and put the time in only to have a suprise (24 hours notice anyway) visit ruin it. The plants were doing quite well since I spared no expense getting set up. I was kind of hoping to recover some of the cash spent by selling a bit to a couple friends but thats out the window. I think I may do a lowryder 2 grow, I hear those are seed to harvest in two months.

Edit: The grow was an indoor/soil grow under hps

7. Man that sucks
    we are on the same page. do some autoflower strains.