Had a super spiritual experience

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Bradexman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. So I'm part Native American and I was raised by a lot of their customs and traditions and as a result I knew my "spirit guide" which came to me in my dreams for the past few years now in the shape of a wolf. I was going for a walk in the forest behind my house earlier and blazed in a spot sheltered from the cold and the wind. The first little bit of my high was normal and I decided that since I had nothing to do today I would just get totally baked so I smoked a few more bowls.

After I smoked the other bowls I began to think of lessons taught to me by my spirit guide and the more I thought, the more I felt like a wolf. I could feel my head changing into the shape of a wolfs head and I was thinking like a wolf. I felt as if my sense of smell was incredibly high and like I had to hunt for the pack. It's hard and probably impossible to explain all of the things I was feeling, but I'll describe some of them:

1. The most intense feeling was the feeling of belonging to a pack. I felt as if there were five or six more wolves in the forest with me and we were moving as a team through it. When one of them adjusted their course or made a sound I would change mine to best suit them, as would the rest of the pack. The feeling was so intense it was almost like we were all sharing thoughts and moving as one flawlessly through the forest. I cared for my pack members more than I've ever cared for anyone and they felt the same way towards me.

2. The desire to hunt to quench my hunger was strong as well. I had the urge to chase a deer or some other animal with the rest of my pack and take it down to feed our families.

3. I was "Marking my territory around the perimeter of the forest.

4. My natural instincts were all heightened in astronomical proportions. I moved through the forest as flawlessly as an animal that's lived there its entire life, never stumbling or getting caught on anything as most people do when roaming off the established paths.

There were lots of other experiences too. All in all it was an awesome and enlightening experience and I got to spend 2 or 3 hours roaming the forest as a wolf.

Note: I knew I wasn't actually a wolf but I ignored the fact to continue the experience.

2. woah that's pretty cool man I'm eurotrash and we just get stoned... I want to do some of this stuff man sounds pretty cool xD but then again eurotrash so I don't have a touch of spirituality xD

3. Maybe you were just really really high...

4. :hello:

5. maybe consuming the earth itself in the right atmosphere and getting really really high has something to do with the sense of spirituality people take away from these experiences.

6. I was... I was so high I though I was a wolf and that there were multiple wolves with me.

7. good thing you didn't get lost in the forest

8. THat would still be a spiritual experience though.

Nature can give me the most spiritual feelings sometimes. like zoning out into space when you are high on a clear night or playing music :smoke: I think spiritual comes from within and it can mean different things for everyone

9. that's what i'm saying. you can't discount what someone deems a meaningful spiritual experience just because they were "high on drugs"

10. cool, i wasn't sure you meant that but obviously you did :smoke:

11. Haha. Yes, you can.

12. sure, you certainly can. people do it all the time. it doesn't mean they are right, or give any validity to the assertion. it's just a baseless declaration. to claim that an experience which you didn't even have is meaningless drug induced nonsense is pure ignorance.

13. Drugs aren't always a gateway to our spiritual selves. There are times when drugs can lead one to believe they are having a spiritual awakening (or whatever else you would like to refer to it as) when, in all actuality, it's really nothing more than a simple, everyday drug experience. Now, that's not to say that someone couldn't turn these simple experiences into a spiritually enlightening happening. However, that would come from one's own naivete.

14. A simple everyday drug experience can't be spiritual enlightenment?

To answer the question you'd need to be able to define 'What is high?' which is impossible. You can say 'chemical reactions induced by a substance ingested into the body', but that really only says how you get high, not what 'high' is.

Is there a baseline consciousness? 'Sobriety' is just as much a label as 'intoxication'.

15. Drugs (not weed, buy peyote) were a big part of the spirituality aspect of life for Aboriginals. I don't smoke peyote and this was my first spiritual experience with cannabis and I don't know if I'll ever have more.

You might think that because I didn't describe any of the spiritual effects it had on me that I'm just mistaking it for a spiritual experience but I can't find words to express the way I felt during and afterward. It was a completely new experience and I don't know if the feelings are even possible to be put into words.

16. I'm not arguing that the experience you had wasn't some sort of spiritual event in your life. The happenings that surround our day-to-day existence are as important as we consider them to be. And, an experience with drugs could be considered to be a very spiritual one given the person's susceptibility to believing such a thing.

17. Wouldn't a base consciousness be absolutely that? Consciousness itself...?

Isn't being high really a mixture of our consciousness and our subconscious?

That being said, an experience that was believed to be of spiritual origin could therefore be a miscommunication between those two realms of the mind. Kind of like seeing Jesus on the side of a sky-scraper or in a tortilla. Wouldn't you find that hypothesis agreeable?

18. #19 LittleJacob, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Define consciousness itself...

How do we know that being high is a mixture of our consciousness and subconscious? What do any of these words really mean ? All of them detract from the true essence of a spiritual moment...

IF you can't find any words to describe it, then yes it was probably spiritual, because the true "spirit" goes beyong the realm of the names and labels and languages that we have been taught to use throughout our life.

"Of spiritual origin". We are all from "spiritual" origin. And how does one know what a "miscommunication" between the "subconscious" and the "conscious" feels like? What does that even mean? All of these conceptions about how we work... once we throw them all away, we become a wolf, one with the pack of all the other wolves, trees, rodents, rivers, clouds.... and yes even the humans.

Sounds like a true spiritual experience to me :)

my early morning 2 cents

19. That is to say that spirits are real.