Had A Few Random Q's

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by adlardo84, May 26, 2007.

1. Hey everyone, just had a few random questions as a beginner that I wasnt able to find the answers to anywhere else.

First I was wondering about CO2. Do you need to make sure that your plants are getting a specific amount of CO2? Does this make your plants grow better and is it really important to supply them with it through tanks? I am confused, can you simply make sure they are getting fresh air from outside to supply them with all the CO2 they need?

Second I was wondering about Fox Farm products. I have read a decent amount about people using them on here. If I buy the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil for my plants do I need to mix it with 1/3 Perlite or is that unecessary? Also, am I supposed to water the soil and let it sit for a while before I place the germinated seed into it? Will the Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom (3 pack) take care of the nutrients my plants need? Or will I still need to get some Epsom Salts, Lime Juice, or other stuff to supplement the plants? Is this mainly in case of the pH being too high or low?

I could really use some answers to these questions, thanks a lot.

2. hi - i hope it is OK to ditto! i am wondering the same thing about fox farms ocean forest soil. can i germinate seeds directly in it or do i need to germinate in a seedling medium like jiffy-mix then transplant into the fox farms later? i read on some mom and pop gardening site that ocean forest is a "hot" soil and not OK for seedlings. i don't know if that is true or not. if so, is there some way to prepare ocean forest to work as a germinating soil? i also wonder how to use the fox farm nutrients. thanks!

3. As long as you are venting the grow space, it will have more then enough CO2. I dont know a thing about Foxfarms.