H202 - When and How to use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ender87i, Aug 19, 2012.

1. We've all heard of H202, and some of us use it..
    But there are correct, and incorrect ways of using H202.
    For example, i know not to use it while using beneficial bacterias.

But is it good to add to your nutrient reservoir that DOESNT contain beneficials?
    Or should i ONLY use it in-between reservoir changes, with plain water?
    Also, at what dilution rate should i add it? 3ml/gal?

2. This article is very very generic and does not really answer his questions. I do not know the answers that well or I would sorry.

You can use it yes it is beneficial but not to living organisms. IT WILL kill rot mold spores etc. It will also kill mic's and any other bennies in the soils res or whatever.

It can and does turn your skin colors (white) usually so wear gloves if handling large amounts.

I am just guessing here but I would think that

10-15ml per gallon would sterilize pretty well and oxygenate well too. The few times I have used it to heal root rot or a water logged plant I used that dilution. It worked ok but I think it could have take closer to 15-25ml per gallon. I even watched a friend pour 3% straight into a plant once and it actually helped it but it was dying badly at the time. Those amounts I listed are using the 3% NOT food grade 27 or 30 % either will work just keep in mind one uses less than the other.

3. Im referring to the 29% or 34% kind of H202.

Does anybody else have answers for me?

Again, should i be adding it to my nutrient reservoir? or just in-between changes?
    And at what dose should i use it?

4. You want 3% hydrogen peroxide @ 1/4 cup per gallon, or dillute what you have. It won't hurt anything in hydro using chemical fert and will add oxygen to the roots and keep them healthy and white which is good.

5. #6 colafarmer, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Ender..The h202 will loose it's effectiveness over a short period of time and needs to be aerated all the times keeping water temps normal for hydro.....
    I would suggest that you use it at each res change for a quick boost of oxygen and to kill bad bacteria....

6. What about using Hygrozyme instead?

7. Because you get the same at the dollor store and guess how much...;)