guys using advanced nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onlygradeA, Aug 23, 2012.

1. how many teaspoons are you using per gallon? Im using 1.25 tsp per gallon and I think im burning the shit out of my plants. Should i be using less?

2. all depends on the size of your plant and size of your pot

3. I use advanced nutrients. You should get a syringe with milliliter marks on it. Look at whats listed on the bottle as a max and do 20-30% on it. Work your way up from there. For instance Sensi Grow A+B Bloom A+B say 4ml per liter. My watering jug is 2 gallons, 3.8 liters per gallon. I round down to be on the safe side so 6 liters. 6 x 4ml per liter is 24. I look at that as a max. Right now on my grow I just started out in flowering and I dont think I have put more then 10-12 ml in my in watering jug. Thats considerably less then half.

If they take what you apply this week then next week move it up a notch. People have a tendency to think more nutes means more bud. Doesnt work that way. Its what your plant can handle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. When i first started using advanced I burnt the shit out of my plants using the instructed doses. Got a constant read ppm temp ph and cut the dose down to 40-50% and got better results than I ever had with gh the perfect ppm recipe can show a good ppm but still burn your ladies I would start at 25% and work your way up you will get better results under ferting and working your way up than burning them. If your using ro I would start at 60% and work up but with my tap 45 was my golden number. Just an FYI baby bottles from the dollar store are great for measuring ml and oz. Also the burn wouldn't show up till around 3 weeks 12/12

• Like Like x 1
  5. thx fellas, I am using RO water. I use a 4 gallon bucket, in sensi a+b i am giving 5 tsp which is 1.25 tsp. per gallon is that too much?

6. Well 4 gallons is 15 liters. Advanced on Sensi says 4 ml per liter of each. So a max amount is 60 mil. 60 militers would be 12 tsp.

If your getting nute burn cut back. No reason to really wonder or anything. Just cut back on what your doing.

7. K, thx again, now should I be starting all the additives at 50% also. I'm using big bud, b-52, overdrive, sensizym, nirvana.

8. I used big bud, bud candy ( which I now know is just molasses and water) and overdrive. When I would start with big bud I would cut back a little extra on my base nutes and use BB at 50-75%. By the time I got to overdrive my plants would eat whatever I would throw in there with out getting burnt. I would run overdrive till the day I decided my trichs were the right color. Then give the plants a good flush lights still going do that for 2 days watering 3 time a day with plain water. day 3 flush I would cut off all the big fan leaves and stop watering. my buds always swelled up a little more doing this. Day 4 just let the plant sit lights still on. Day 5&6 lights off 48 hours of darkness. Day 7 get your scissors out.

9. Get a 10, 50, and 100 glass graduated cylinder from amazon. Works like a charm!

w00

10. Big Bud is for flowering period...I dont use the others. I use Bud Candy, Carboload, Big Bud, Dutch Master Silica and Bontanicare Cal Mag.

Carboload you can do start to finish, Silica, and Cal Mag. Plants eat everything those provide right up. Carbs...sugar for energy. Silica is a good one since nearly every soil out there lacks it. Cal Mag is a majic potion imo. Most nutes do not have enough Cal Mag or Iron. Cal-Mag supp provides all three.

11. It depends on what you're trying to do with your setup.

I tend to follow the instructions on the bottles, modified for the size of grow I'm doing, then I use about 25% less to avoid any possible burn.

12. Depending, usually start full strength when I start my 12/12 light with flowering regiment, a little burn is better then a little defiencies in my book. You can always dial down or flush but with soil you can loose 1-2 weeks of optimal feeding in a 6-8 week process, that could be up to 25% of time lost in a critical time of your young children. Yea, I find flowering for up to 10-12 weeks because of giving to little in those teenage years not a desireable outcome. Can't say I ever lost a plant to feeding too much?

I just don't see giving what amounts to be too little and dialing up just not desirable as the opposite. Yet I'm sure someone has some sort of book or link that suggest otherwise, to which I reply all good just the way I do it.

13. The simple answer is that if you're burning your plants, give them less.

You shouldn't "think" you're burning the crap out of your plants. You either are, or you aren't, and it's obvious if you are. Do the leaf tips look burned? If yes, yes. If no, no. If you're "burning the crap out of them" all the notches down the sides of the leaves will show signs of burning too.

If you see anything like that, dial back. Don't wait for someone else to tell you to do it. Underfeeding isn't a great idea, but it's barely a problem compared to burning your plants.

Unfortunately telling us how much you're giving your plants isn't going to let us say for sure you're too hot unless it's just some insanely high number. What burns the crap out of your plants might underfeed mine, or vice versa. Different strains, different growing conditions, the variables add up to make it almost impossible to say "that's too high" or "that's too low" without pictures and a lot more information.

Dialing back is *always* the safe choice. If you fear you're burning them, dial back. Always. You can always dial back up if you need to, you can't un-kill your plants if you burn them up.

14. I use the an 3 part and I use 1tsp of each each gallon maybe a little more bloom by a1/2 and do not get burns on anything yet.

15. Also another to consider is the frequency your feeding them at. I use airpots towards the end I am watering everyday. My 2 gallon ones I water every other day to 3rd day. So less is more in that case. Some pots dont allow water to evaporate at a rapid rate so you water say once every 4-5 days especially if its a large say 5 gallon bucket.