guitar

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by puffpuffpass714, Jun 30, 2008.

1. i really need help i recently bought a krammer ( used ). Its in decent condition, i am wondering if it would be worth it to buy new emg pickups and fix all of the little things wrong with it or, buy a used ebanez with emg pickups the ibanez would be about a hundo extra i just wanted to hear ur guys/girls view on this.

sry about the runon sentence haha:smoke:

2. you should throw some active pu's and get it rewired at a guitar shop

3. wtf is a krammer lol

4. EMG's are awsome pickups
    i say go for it

5. emgs are amazing, whatever your choice is GET THEM

6. I think you mean Ibanez, and what model are you looking at getting. It would be alot easier to determine if we knew the exact guitar.

7. Well I dont know if it would be worth it to try to fix you guitar you have now but i can say ibanez's are the shit. The one in my sig was only $350 and plays amazing with EMG pickups but i dont know what kind of money you have.

8. I think ibanez are the best so go for the ibanez they are waaaay better than kramers

9. In my opinion, I reckon EMG's are a bit over rated. Like, they're really good for metal (to an extent, it depends on how good your EQ is that you're using too). I dunno dude, it's ultimately a choice based on what you want them to play; if you're straight up metal, and love the tone EMG's have, I say go for it, although converting a guitar from active to passive pickups can be a bitch, just get someone to do it. Personally, I'm saving up to get a Seymour Duncan SH-6 Jazz humbucker for my neck for nice clean tones, and a SH-2 Metal humbucker for my bridge for metal tones... and kinda a muddy, gritty blues overdriven tone between I suppose. I dunno, our band does a lot of stuff which changes from clean to distorted etc, kind of like Opeth, so I prefer the versatility. But yeah, if you're after one tone and that's it (because I reckon the clean tone on EMG's is pretty shit), go EMG, but otherwise, invest in Seymour Duncan or D'Addario.

10. Oh shit, sorry about my above post. I kind of didn't read the question properly (smoked 2 bowls to myself of some dankage, may explain lack of focusing skills in this particular instance...), but yeah, in response to the actual question, I'd go the Ibanez, although it would help to know the model. If it's a G (I think that's what the beginner ones that are kinda RG clones without floating bridge), then I wouldn't. But anything better than a G, like an RG or an SA (I have a SA FM220, fucking brilliant guitar) WITH EMG's in there, definately, for one hundred more it's a steal.

11. if your into metal, and that is why you want emg pickups, save up a bit and get this.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ESPVP400

my buddy has it, im not a fan of metal but this guitar is fucking fun. you literally can just breathe at the strings instead of strumming. you get feedback with the crappiest tiny little amp standing like 100 meters away from it. plus the guitar just looks sick. so yeah.

12. That's....not a great selling point. Even if you have a 100m cord.

13. Waaait. What amp have you got? If its crap upgrade that first. Also, why do you want active pups? Why not get a set of high output passive pickups and wire them yourself, it'll save you cash.

14. maybe, but i have no pedals or anything, an american strat and a line 6 amp, and i have to make it REALLY loud to get good feedback. so when i see my friends guitar, im drooling all over the place haha