GUitar Tabs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cheebaa, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Hey City,

I guess reently there has been some controversy with free guitar tabs as some people consider it copywright infringment..

Kinda fucked up-

Read http://www.guitartabs.cc/

2. who cares. tabs come in handy sometimes. :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

3. Thats Bullshit! These fucking bands should be proud that they have fans that are so interested in their music that they wish to play like them. Guitar players are getting kicked in the teeth right here. I say we illegaly download as much music as posable and put those greedy motherfuckers out of bussines. I didnt want to make this a rant but, oh well.
    [​IMG]

4. what's wrong with the old way - just stick on some bb king & ur away.
    Train ur ear & u won't need tab. ;)

5. nah man when you're new to guitar, tabs are the fucking best.

6. they're always good. I've been playing for 7 years and still use tabs.

I actually got a new guitar today :) I'll post a thread about it later.

7. Tabs come in handy when my band is trying to learn a cover song. It helps get everyone on the same page if we've got some tabs to look at, so I've become annoyed with the recent legal stuff I've been reading on guitar tab websites. But personally, when I'm just sitting in my room playing the guitar, I'd rather not use tabs. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something if I can figure a song out on my own, but that's just my way of looking at it.

8. i love tabs... i have guitar pro 4, and ill tell you right now... there have been relatively complex songs ive learned in under 15 mins with that program... and its not to say its dulled my senses, ive picked up MANY songs without the use of tabs, but some of the harder ones are definately helped along with them.. for instance, slipknot... "before i forget"... there is just ONE part i could never figure out till i got the tab... now i can play the song from start to finish :)

9. im self-taught so i cant read notation...tabs are badass..

ill get to teaching myself how to read notes eventually, i trying to grasp theory at the momentso i dont want to overload.

10. yeah if you want to be considered a TRUE musician, i would suppose reading music is key... i mean reading music will allow you to pick up a guitar, never having heard the song before, and just PLAY it.... tabs are sorta like that.. almost like a beginners intro into reading music... but they are definately a must have for any guitarist!